4. History

Meredith's pov

Meredith- Hurry up Lexie, we don't want to get caught.

Lexie- here we go... it just says she was born the July 21st 1980 at um... mass gen. Doesn't say anything about her mother. 

Meredith- okay lets get out of here before...

Richard- and what exactly are you two doing in here?

Lexie- hey... chief. This really is not what it looks like.

Richard- really because it isn't looking good for either of you. 

Meredith- Dr Webber please, can you tell me did my mother go out to Boston in 1980?

Richard- this is about Michelle, isn't it?

Meredith&Lexie- yes sir. 

Richard- I didn't think it could actually be possible but now i have met her i think you are related to her. Look, your mother, She told everyone including your father that she was asked to attend a course at Mass Gen that lasted 6 months, it wasn't entirely a lie, she did have to go. When she returned, She told me that she had found out she was pregnant before she left. She had come home one evening and your father was very drunk and one thing lead to another and...

Meredith- okay that's too much information.

Richard- the point is, she told me she had sorted out the problem while she was on the course in Boston. I assumed she got an abortion.

Lexie- should we tell her.

Meredith- and how are we supposed to do that? We don't have proof. She will never believe us. 

4 months later

Michelle's pov

I have been trying to avoid Meredith and Lexie for a while now. They are adamant i am their sister. I don't care if i am. All i know is what i was told, my mother abandoned me at a foster home when i was 2 days old. The past month the hospital merged with mercy west so we had all new residents to deal with. I was working down in the pit with my interns, they were okay, i wouldn't say they were good and they keep making silly mistakes. I was called over to trauma 3, along with Callie, to consult on a 14 year old girl. She had fallen down the stairs, she had a deep head lac and a broken arm. The poor girl looked terrified. I reassured her that she had nothing to be scared of. I firstly did her Neuro assessment while Callie checked her broken arm. 

Shell- so how did this happen, Alicia?

Alicia- i... i just slipped.

Callie and I looked at each other knowing the girl was lying to us. She had old bruises that was obviously not caused by the fall. All of a sudden she grabbed her tummy in pain. Callie and I both jumped into action, pulling up her top to see more bad bruises, old and new. 

Shell- okay, Alicia. I am going to press on your tummy and you tell me where it hurts the most okay?

Alicia- mhmm... OW! There.

Callie- um Dr Grey, you need to see this.

Callie pointed out blood stains around her groin area

Callie- shes...

Shell- Alicia, is there any chance you could be pregnant?

She just sat there and didn't answer me. She just looked away like I was going to tell her off. I pulled over a stall and sat beside taking her hand in my own.