8. Bombshells & Boards

I woke up in Arizona's arms. she stayed with me after my freak out last night. I can see what the therapist means. For as long as I have known her, whenever I need or have needed someone she has been there, and stays until she knows I am okay. I felt safe with her. I just need the courage to tell her about my past, All of it. My arm was wrapped around her body with my hand resting on the curve of her hip. I gently rubbed my thumb back and forth until I felt her begin to wake.

Arizona- mmm, Grey? Are you awake?

Shell- yeah... um thanks for staying with me.

Arizona- anytime. how are you feeling now? 

Shell- I'm okay. got a bit of a headache but nothing else

Arizona- good. would you like a coffee?

Shell- damn right.

She let out a little giggle before we both made our way through to my kitchen. I couldn't help staring at her ass when I followed her through. she was wearing one of my oversized t-shirts and her underwear. the only thing was where i am slightly shorter and more petite than she is, it was like she was wearing a normal t-shirt, so her ass was completely on view. not that it mattered I'm used to seeing her in less than that.

Arizona- you best not be staring at my ass, Grey.

Shell- what? no, never.

Arizona- hmm, sit down, I'll make the coffee.

Shell- yes ma'am. (sitting at the kitchen island)- Are you working today?

Arizona- Yep, but not until later. What time is your appointment with Dr Wyatt?

Shell- oh yeah, um... 3.30 i think.

Arizona- are you going to tell her about last night? here's your coffee.

Shell- thanks. I probably should, shouldn't I?

Arizona- I think you should. I think you have PTSD from the shooting. Thunder has never made you act that way.

Shell- I know. 

Arizona&Shell- I need to tell you...

Shell- you first.

Arizona- you sure? (shell nodding)- I did something yesterday. I put in an application for the Carter Madison grant.

Shell- What?... Wow that's impressive.

Arizona- I know, I know it's very unlikely I will win it, but could you imagine if I did.

Shell- yeah... that's really great, Robbins. I'm proud of you.

Arizona(smiling)- Thanks Grey... what was it you wanted to say?

Shell- oh, that doesn't matter right now. I'm going to go take a shower.

Arizona- want me to join you?

Shell- It's okay, you enjoy your coffee. I won't be long.

Arizona- oh, okay.

I downed what was left of my coffee and went through to my bathroom. I got myself undressed and looked at my growing collection of scars, I don't 100% know how I was feeling as I looked at myself. I suppose I was angry that I didn't say what I initially wanted to say. I was happy that Arizona had actually done the application, she had wanted to for a while now. But at the same time I was apprehensive that she might actually win. I'm not even sure what it means if she does. I got into the shower and had a very quick wash including my hair. I got out and wrapped myself in a towel. when I opened the door to leave the bathroom, Arizona was standing in front of me with a concerned look on her face.