10. Hellos

It was later that same day, I was a lot calmer now. Thatcher had left the hospital, still not knowing he had another daughter. I am definitely not ready for that talk. I was at the nurses station reading through a chart for an upcoming surgery, when a hot brunette walked towards the desk.  

Amelia- hey, where could I find Dr Shepherd?

Nurse Lucy- do you have an appointment?

Amelia- no I don't...

Mark- hi Amy.

Amelia- oh my god, mark. you still look hot

Mark- and you look a lot more grown-up than when i last saw you.

Amelia- you can say "hot" you know? 'cause I am. I'm hot.

Shell- she really is, Mark... sorry, i didn't mean to interrupt.

Amelia- see, even she says I'm hot.

Mark- no I can't, because in my mind, you're still Derek's 12-year-old sister. I have surgery, so I will catch up with you later. (to shell)- Dr Grey can you take her to see Derek please.

Shell- sure.

Amelia- Dr Grey? as in my brother's wife?

Shell- No, God no. I'm one of the other Dr Greys, I'm Michelle Grey. oh, we don't have to find him. He's walking this way.

Amelia- Derek!

Derek- oh god, Amy what are you doing here?

Meredith- Amy as in your sister?

Derek- yes. This is my Wife, Meredith.

Amelia- It's nice to meet you, at last.

Shell- oh, Derek, quickly, can i steal Meredith for this surgery please.

Derek- of course

Shell- thanks. nice to meet you.

Meredith and I made our way to the OR, leaving Derek to talk to his sister. I had a Craniotomy that I was due to perform in 20 minutes. We made our way to the scrub room and began scrubbing in.

Meredith- how are you doing now?

Shell- yeah, I'm awesome.

Meredith- have you heard anything from Arizona.

Shell- no, not yet. she is probably still on the plane. It's a long flight. makes me feel sick just thinking about it. 

Meredith- Oh okay.

Shell- so, first time meeting Derek's sister then.

Meredith- yeah, she seems nice.

Shell- she is Hot. I wouldn't mind seeing more of her, if you know what i'm saying.

Meredith- eww no, she is my sister-in-law. I don't want to imagine that.

Shell- what? she isn't my sister-in-law. 

Meredith- can we not talk about this, please?

Shell(laughing)- fine. are you ready, let's go.

the surgery lasted 5 hours with no complications. It was almost 10 in the evening, Finally I could go home. I got myself changed and walked the short walk to my apartment. As I was trying to find my keys in my backpack I heard footsteps coming down the hallway. I looked up thinking it would be Callie, but to my surprise, I was wrong.

Shell- hey, Amy, right?

Amelia- Amelia, actually, only Derek calls me Amy.

Shell- oh, sorry. what brings you here?