6. Memories

It had been 2 hours since Michelle was brought into the ICU and she still hadn't woken up yet. She seemed so vulnerable laying in that bed, even though she is 29 she seemed so small and young looking. I remember the first day I met Michelle. she was only 19 and it was her first day of med school. I was on my way to a lecture when this young girl came up to me asking where she needed to be. the other first years had been mean and hid her books so she was running late. they were jealous of how good she was even at her young age. I knew from that day she would be somebody great. From that day on I took her under my wing and she became a very dear friend to me. even when I had started my residency we were close. I would help her study for her exams, not that she needed it, I just loved to be around her. It wasn't until she was a second year resident that we started to fool around together. I remember the first time we had sex. we both had a couple of days off and decided to go out drinking. we were both drunk, dancing away to the music when a few guys tried it on and wouldn't take no for an answer. I felt uncomfortable and she could tell. in the end we were escorted out of the bar while 2 of the guys were taken to hospital with broken noses. she had had enough and ended up punching them both. we got back to my apartment  where I cleaned up her hand.

Arizona- there all sorted, you're lucky you didn't break your hand. 

Shell- they are lucky I didn't do any more damage to them then a broken nose each.

Arizona- thank you... for defending me back there.

Shell- You are my best friend, Robbins. I'd do anything for you. 

Arizona- thank you, Grey. we should probably get some sleep.

I remember her taking her top off so she was just standing in her bra and jeans. I remember all of her scars and wondering what terrors this woman had been through to get scars like these. she noticed me looking and she made her way towards me. she gave me a smirk before she pulled my top off of me as well. She then placed her hand on the side of my face and pulled me into a passionate kiss. this took me by surprise, as I pulled away and looked at her in shock.

Arizona(breathless)- what are you doing?

Shell- Is this not okay? I saw you biting your lip as you looked at me

Arizona- I didn't realise I was.

Shell- you were. It was kinda hot.

she started to kiss my neck making pleasurable moans flow out of my mouth.

Arizona- Grey, we shouldn't.

Shell(between kisses)- If you really want me to stop, I will stop. If not this doesn't have to lead anywhere. just a bit of fun. 

Arizona- mmm Grey...

Shell(pulling away)- you want me to stop?

Arizona- um... no, but...

Shell- no buts Robbins. you're either in or you're out. 

I looked into her blue green eyes then pulled her in for another kiss. from that night on we would fool around a lot, be it at one of our apartments or even at the hospital when we both had some free time. I remember a time after we had sex, she was laying in my arms while I was tickling her back. I decided to ask her about her scars. she didn't get upset or angry but she did change the subject quite quickly. I never asked her about them again. My memories were interrupted by Lexie walking in the room.

Lexie- she's not awake yet? 

Arizona- no, not yet. hopefully she will be soon. I have surgery in an hour. 

Lexie- Meredith is awake and asked me to see how she is doing.

Arizona- oh okay.

Lexie- so she is our sister...