11. Dr Grey

after a few hours my alarm woke me from my sleep. as I sat up in bed I spotted Amelia getting dressed. the instant memories of the night before came back to me. what an awesome night. 

Shell- morning. are you leaving?

Amelia- hey, um my flight is in a few hours. i need to get going.

Shell- that's a shame, I quite enjoy morning sex.

Amelia(blushing)- i'm sorry. i should get going.

Shell- how are you getting to the airport? 

Amelia- I was just going to get a cab.

Shell- let me get dressed and i will take you. I don't have to be at the hospital until 11

Amelia- are you sure?

Shell- of course.

I quickly got myself dressed and grabbed Arizona's car keys. As we made our way out of my apartment we heard a voice we both recognised.

Mark- Shell... Amy?

Shell- morning. Good surgery last night?

Mark- yeah, Amy what are you doing here?

Amelia- i came over last night and was going to wait for you then Shell invited me in.

Shell- we had a great night.

Amelia- shell...

Mark- wait, you two...

Shell(nodding)- many, many times.

Amelia then pulled me away from a shocked looking Mark. We made our way to the underground parking lot where Amelia admired my motorbike.

Shell- maybe I can take you out on it next time you are in Seattle. 

Amelia- Derek would hate that. Sounds like it would be fun. I'll hold you to that. 

After dropping Amelia off at the airport i went straight to the hospital. By the looks of it I had a quiet day ahead of me. Obviously i didn't want to jinx it so i kept the Q word to myself. A week later I was going over a few charts when my pager went off with a page for a neuro consult in the pit. I made my way down, putting on my trauma gown when i saw the chief waiting for me. 

Shell- what we got?

Richard- I'm sorry Michelle, you cant be on this one. 

Shell- why not? You paged neuro.

Richard- is there nobody else that can take this one.

I was a little distracted by shouting coming from the trauma room. But shook it off.

Shell- no there is nobody else, Shepherd is in surgery and shadow Shepherd is on leave. There is only me. You have me or nobody. Why can't I take this one, who is it?

Richard- okay. It's Dr Grey.

Shell- what? Who? Meredith or Lexie?

Richard- Michelle it's your birth mother.

Shell- what? 

Richard- you cant work on your family, we can wait for Shepherd. 

Shell- no. It's fine. She doesn't know me. I don't know her. We are not family.

Richard- you do have a point.

Shell- yeah, its not a problem.

The chief led me into the trauma room for the consult and for the first time in my life i saw the woman who gave me up nearly 30 years ago. She had a head lac and was shouting at the interns that were already in the room. I had heard of her when i was in med school but never thought she would be my mother.