Memories.

Eliza

It's not that I didn't want to be around Fred, I was scared I would become too dependent on him. I needed to go through this alone. I picked up the first bottle and threw it in. I looked down in there was was sucked into a memory:

I stood in the corner of a house. I looked around and saw them. "Mum." I whispered. I stared at her. I truly did look like her. She held me in her arms smiling at me while Sirius was running around the house. "Sirius! I will be fine!" She started. "Go!" Sirius stared at her. I smiled looking at the two of them. Sirius pulled my mother in for a kiss and I cringed. 

"Ew." I mumbled. Then he looked down at me. I couldn't have been older than two. "My pride and joy." He kissed the top of my head. "You behave for your mum." He pulled me into his arms. "She is going to be brilliant."

"Yes well your brilliant pride and joy burnt a whole in James and Lily's cat." Sirius shrugged his shoulder. "Accident." Marlene nodded her head. 

Sirius handed me back to Marlene. "Go on now, Pettigrew will be here soon so you won't have to worry." He nodded his head. Only because of his dear friend coming to stop by was the reason he knew he could go. He trusted all his friends with his wife and daughter, they would protect them if he couldn't.

"Okay beauty, lets get you ready for bed." She mumbled softly. I watched her as she moved and did small things. I heard her humming. She never struck me as a woman who hummed, or sang. Once she laid me down in my crib I followed her around as she began placing a protection spell on my door. "She knew." 

Next thing I knew I was standing in a familiar living room and I turned and saw Sirius standing in the middle of the room. "Lily, is everyone alright?" His tone was alarming. He was worried.

"Sirius, everyone is fine." Lily Evans spoke as she took Harry from his arms. She was beautiful. Now that is a woman who sings her child to sleep. Harry truly did have her eyes. "Now go home to your family." James nodded, patting his back, and Sirius sighed softly. 

"What if they aren't there when I get home? Marlene's whole family got wiped out last week, we've all been on edge." 

James nods in understanding. "But you need to be with them, mate. Especially my little E." James Potter was someone who thought highly of me. "Oi, James, you'd barely recognize her now, she is walking and talking." James smiled and nodded.

"Oi, just wait she will take after Uncle Prongs and her mum and be the best quidditch player of all time. But only if her father gets home."

Sirius knew James was right, he was the only one who could protect them, who would die for them any of Sirius's friends knew that, and that is why he was so admired by all of his friends. The only ones in his family that knew about Elizabeth were Andromeda, and Narcissa. The two sisters kept this secret from Bellatrix simply because they both knew how their sister fell off the rails and would simply kill their cousin just for who her parents were. Both blood traitor in her eyes. "I will write to you in the morning, alright? Maybe we can get together and Eliza can play with Harry. How's that sound?" Sirius nodded his head and went on his way.

He appeared back home, in his house but something wasn't right, something was wrong, very wrong. Sirius pulled his wand from his pocket and started creeping around the living room. He heard the loud bang and the screaming from the other  room. "ELIZABETH?!" He rushed into the room with the little girl in the closet. He scanned the room quickly as he picked her up and shushed her and bounced her in his arms checking her for bumps, bruises, anything. "It's alright my darling girl." He cooed and held her closely. "You are safe, dad is here now." He smiled down at the tired girl in his arms. "Where is mama?" He asked. She pointed out of the room.