8

Ghost

I watch as Caroline leaves. I didn't like seeing her so upset like that. I look back at Price.

"What do we do Captain?" I ask coldly.

Price sits down at his desk. "We are going to find him. We're taking him in or killing him. Either way, he needs to be stopped. We can never let him do anything again. We are all headed out tomorrow to find answers."

"What about her?" I ask.

"She needs to stay here longer. Her injuries are still bad, and those other kids need her for safety." He says.

I nod. Price lets us go and we walk out.

"I couldn't imagine what she's dealing with. Those aren't even her own children, and it must hurt to know their gone."  Soap says.

Gaz and Soap keep talking while walking back to their rooms. I stop at mind which is across from Carolines. I go to open my door but turn to look at hers. I wanted to talk to her. To see if she's okay. I mean, I know she's not okay. She just found out 9 of her students are missing and three have passed.

I go to grab the doorknob of her door, but I don't open it. Instead, I go into my room and try to prepare for what tomorrow might bring.

~~~~~

The next morning. I carry a plate of food to Carolines room. I knock on the door. I don't hear a response. I knock again.

"Come in." She says

I walk in to see her sitting on the edge of the bed. She looks up at me and her eyes were red. It was clear she had been crying all night. I sigh.

"I brought you breakfast." I say with a cold tone.

She looks down at the floor again. "I'm not hungry."

"Thats too bad. I don't care. You haven't eaten since yesterday at noon. Eat." I put the plate out in front of her, but she doesn't take it from me.

"Caroline, eat." I put the plate on the desk and look down at her. She refuses to look at me. "Is there anything you need?"

"I need to go home. I can't stand being here anymore." She says sternly.

"I'm sorry but you can't. Price talked about this with you, and you need to stay."

"Why do I have to stay?! I don't understand!" She glares up at me and speaks louder. "I feel fine. They are just bruises. I talked to you. All of you. Now let me go home!"

"Caroline, it's not that simple." I say coldly. "I understand that hit is a difficult time, but I need you to calm down."

"Calm down?! I'm in the middle of nowhere at a random military base after our school got attacked. My students are missing and 3 of them are killed! Don't you dare tell me to calm down." She says. Tears were slowly forming.

She was making me frustrated. "There's nothing I can do about it. You need to stay here. Thats an order." I say. "You're lucky your even alive right now. This is what we get."