21

Caroline

I get up from the couch to answer the door. There was only one person that would knock on the door this late. I open it and smile

Simon

"I hope you're not busy." He says with his deep British voice.

I shake my head and let him in. He's come over a few times already before he got injured. Mostly to check up on me. I always liked when he visited me.

We both sit down on the couch.

"So, you're all recovered?" I ask.

He sits back on the couch. "I am. Took long enough."  He groans and I smile.

"I'm glad you're okay." 

"I am too. I guess I should give you the credit for persuading me to be treated." He says. His smile could be seen from his eyes as the mask covered his face.

"I'm surprised. I thought it wouldn't work honestly but I guess Soap was right." I chuckle. 

I look up to catch him looking at me. I smile. "What?"

"I have to ask you." He takes a deep breath. "Why do you care so much about me?"

I look deep into his eyes. "Why do I care?"

He nods. 

"Well, I'll say it's not just because you saved me and my kids. Or the fact that you cared for me while I was recovering." I sigh. "It's because...I feel something for you whenever I think of you."

He narrows his eyes. "You...feel something...for me?"

"Yes. As embarrassed as I am to admit it, it's true." I blush a little. "No one has cared for me the way that you do. No one has tried so hard to make sure I'm okay. And don't say that that's your duty, because its way more than just your job." 

His voice gets calmer. "Caroline. I don't deserve to be cared for the way you do."

"Yes, you do." I put my hand over his. "Simon, I can't stop thinking about you. Ever. You are so much different around me than everyone else. I know because Soap told me."

He rolls his eyes. "Soap told you?"

I smile. "Yeah, he did. He told me how you wanted me to stay as long as possible, that you wanted me to be taken care of the best. I care about you, because I know you care about me."

He was silent. We stare into each other's eyes not able to say anything.

I say softly. "I know your broken Simon...but so am I." I see his eyes soften. "I don't know what you did to me, but I've never felt this way about anyone else."

He pauses to think for a moment. I could tell that this was a lot for him to take in.

"Caroline. I'm still not the person that you need and I ca-"

I cut him off. "But you're the person I want. The person that can fill the void that I have. The person that has taken the pain away because you have done so much more for me than you think."