34

Caroline

Simon holds me close to his chest. My fingers draw circles on his bare chest while his hands rub up and down my back. Our breathing syncing together. It was the middle of the night and neither one of us was going to sleep yet.

"No work tomorrow?" I ask softly.

"I do, but they'll let me come in late. They know how important this is." He murmurs, his breath steadying as he holds me closer in his arms. He kept this feeling in me of safety in his embrace.

"So now I'm an excuse for you to be late to work?" I chuckle.

"I guess so. It's probably because they are more thankful for you now. You practically changed me."

I bring my hand up to caress his face. "At least then I get more time with you."

He smiles down at me. "I never thought that I'd find anyone like you. I honestly gave up on love before I met you."

"And I changed that?"

"You did more than change that. Your everything to me. I can't imagine life without you now." He says softly.

I smile as my thumb traces over the scars on his face. "I really don't deserve you."

He chuckles. "I'm the one who doesn't deserve you." His hand strokes my hair. "I can't even be the man that you need. I'm always in danger and can't be there for you all the time."

I look softly into his eyes. "You're the man that I want." His eyes become softer. "You're the person that I want to wake up to in the morning. You're the person that I want to hold me in the toughest of times. I don't care what your job is or how broken you are, you're the one that I want for the rest of my life."

He gently grabs my face and kisses me softly. There is so much about him that I love that I just can't explain. I love him. I just absolutely love him.

He pulls back and looks in my eyes. "Caroline...will you promise me something?" I nod. "Promise me...you'll marry me someday?"

My eyes widen and I prop myself up on my arms to look in his eyes. My hand rests on his chest. "You want to marry me?"

"I do. I know that you probably aren't ready to be married again but... it would be a dream to call you my wife someday."

I smile. "I promise. I promise that I'll marry you."

His eyes softened and he caressed my face. "I can't wait for a future with you."

"I can't wait either. I love you" I smile. He brings my hand to his lips, kissing the back of my hand. "And I'll make sure you get everything you want."

"Anything?" I narrow my eyes.

"Anything."

I smile. "What if I wanted a big house? Or a dog?"

He chuckles. "If you want it, it'll be yours." He kisses my forehead. "Anything for my girl."

I let out a breath. "What about a family?"

He looks deep into my eyes. I watch as his mile grows. "Of course."  My head rests back down onto his chest. "I know you'd be a great mother. I can already imagine you being a mom. "

My hands roam over his biceps. "I thought you don't like kids?"

He looks down at me on his chest. "If you want to be a mother, then I want to be a father. Like I said, you've changed everything."

I smile as his hands stroke my hair. "I'm willing to drop everything to make everything you want happen. Especially, start a family with you." 

"And I know you'd be a good father."

"You think? I honestly don't think I could."

I look up at him. "You are a different man. You're not your father. Just because some of him is in you, doesn't mean that you are going to be a father like him. You'll be better than him."

He rolls over so that he is on top of me. "Maybe your right. Thats all I want, is to prove to myself that I'm nothing like him."

"I know I'm right." I chuckle. 

"You're lucky I trust you." He leans down to kiss me. 

His lips move softly against mine as his hands move down to my hips. He smirks against my lips. "I could get used to this forever."