10

Caroline

Two days go by. I was tired of this place. The food sucked, people were leaving, and I had to stay. The only thing that made things better was Simon. He was there for me. He made sure I ate, slept, and was cared for. Finally, I got told that I could go home.

I was packing up a few things. It wasn't much since I dint really have any personal belongings, but I grabbed whatever was given to me. I hear a knock behind me.

"Ready to go?" Simon says. I turn to see him leaned against the doorframe.

"You're taking me home?" I ask.

"It was my order. Do you not want me to take you home?" He says smirking under the mask. "Cause I can tell them you want to stay here."

I roll my eyes playfully. "Don't you dare tell them that. I am more than ready to leave here. No offense." I say looking at him. It must suck having to be here 24/7.

He shrugs. "Don't worry about it. When you're ready, I'll be waiting."

He turns back around and walks down the hall. I go back to putting things in a bag. I look in the standing mirror one more time.  My cuts had healed, and my head felt a lot better. I was so tired of having my vitals checked all the time. I was completely fine. I sigh before leaving the room.

I walk down the hall and see Ghost talking with Soap. They both turn to look at me. Soap smiles.

"Hey lass. Ready to go home?" Soap says.

"Yeah. I'm more than ready. It was nice to meet you, Soap." I say and shake his hand.

Price and Gaz then walk over to say goodbye.

"Thank you for your cooperation this past week Caroline. I know it was hard, but we enjoyed having you here." Price says. I see Ghost roll his eyes when Price said 'cooperation'. I smile.

"Thank you, Price. I appreciate all you did for me." I say.

"Do you think we'll ever see you again?" Gaz asks.

"I don't know." I shrug "I'll try to stay out of trouble though." I say and they laugh.

"Alright, I think we should be heading out. It may be late when we get back." Ghost says.

I say my last goodbyes and walk off with Ghost. We get to one of the trucks and I get inside. I lean my head back against the headrest. We start the 45-minute trip back to my home.

~~~~~

I open the front door to my apartment. It was just as clean as the day I left it. Simon walked in behind me carrying my bag. He takes in the site of my place.

"So, this is it, huh?" He says.

"Yeah. I'm kind of a clean freak if you can't tell." I say chuckling. Everything was practically as neat as it can be.