Chapter 63

I remember waking up, in the oh so familiar hospital. But something felt wrong. I tried to speak but felt a shooting pain in my larynx. I pulled through the pain and began to sing hoarsely to myself, I could only open one eye. I was hooked up to many machines, familiar beeps and noises reassured me that I was mostly ok.

"Are you awake Amao?" The door opened and I saw Ochaco, Tsu and Iida.

"H-hello." I smiled weakly.

"Amao, I can't believe you're still alive." Tsu started to cry.

"Out of everyone, you suffered the most life-threatening injuries." Tenya held my shaky and cannulated hand.

"I didn't feel a thing." I partially lied. "I don't remember much about my injuries."

"Y-you had to have emergency surgery." Ochaco was in floods of tears.

"What happened to Ochaco?" I swung my legs around the bed and tried to stand up. But failed.

"They had to sew you back together!" Tsu looked at the ground.

"Your intestines were practically dragging along the floor." Tenya sniffled. "This wouldn't have happened if I'd been stronger."

"Shut your mouth, Tenya." I grabbed onto his hand. "Don't you dare say that, do you even remember what I told you that night?"

"But I didn't think you actually would!" Tenya shook my hand off.

"That Nomu attacked you, and you think I wasn't going to go apeshit?" I grabbed onto my IV drip and used it as a walking pole.

"You need to lay down! It's not safe for you!" Ochaco grabbed my arm, I felt a jolt of pain rush through my body.

"Get off!" I snapped. "Look, I did everything a hero could've done and more, but still things went wrong. But that doesn't matter, as long as civilians were able to escape and get to safety, that is all I could care about."

"Where are you going?" Tenya ran after me.

"I need to see how the others are doing, they are more important than me right now." I replied.

"Always putting others before yourself." Tenya shook his head. "And this is why I love you."

"And I love you too, now can you help me out of this bastard room." I instructed my friends to help out.

The first room I went to was Endeavour's room. I know I should've asked Shoto before speaking to him, but I needed to get something off my chest.

When I got there, I knocked on the door. It was opened by Best Jeanist. The door opened to reveal the whole of the Todoroki family, with Hawks too.

"I'm sorry if I'm intruding." In my hand I held a bouquet of flowers that I had bought in the shop.

"You must be Amao. We've heard so much about you from Shoto." Shoto's siblings walked up to me and smiled. "He really seems to like you!"

"Fuyumi and Natsuo, enough." Shoto went red in the face.

"Amao, you present such paternal energy towards my son, thank you very much for always being there for him in the times that we were not." Shoto's mother, Rei, bowed down to me. "Thank you for all that you do for him."

"Mrs Todoroki." I tried to bend down, but I couldn't due to the pain in my stomach. "Your son, despite being quiet, he is a good person. And I'm unaware of the extent of your family issues but I can say that Shoto is a phenomenal hero."

"You are so kind, so caring." Rei stood and placed her hand on my bandaged face. "Your mother must've raised you extremely well."

Those words made me chuckle, yet an air of sadness floated around me.