Chapter 42

Caelus' PoV

This night is going horribly wrong. Loony and I had a few drinks, but he's still completely sober.

Damn it!

I want this night to be over.

That kiss on the dance floor was the biggest mistake I've ever made. He's like a black hole, sucking me in. He's dangerous, and I need to distance myself from him before things get worse. I'm so confused about whether his actions are genuine or not.

After our dance and kiss, we returned to the VIP room. I knew I needed to achieve my goal tonight, no matter what. I headed to the restroom to collect my thoughts and come up with a plan. All I could think of was bringing him back to my place and offering him stronger alcohol. Maybe he'd feel safer there than in this club. I nodded to myself once I had decided. I returned to where he was and offered to buy us another round, planning for it to be our last before heading home. But before I could even make it to the bar counter to order, two omegas approached us, offering drinks and asking if they could join us. We agreed, figuring it would be our final drink here anyway. As I reached for my whiskey, Loony surprised me by grabbing the drink from my hand and quickly downing its contents. He claimed he just wanted to try something new. But he didn't stop there; he also drank the cocktail he had been offered.

"Caelus, I feel weird," he told me.

"You shouldn't have drunk all that alcohol," I scolded him. The alcohol was starting to kick in. I realized I didn't need to bring him home; this was my golden opportunity to get what I needed. I glanced at the two omegas who had joined us. "Sorry, but can you leave us?"

"But we just joined you," one of them protested.

"I said... leave," I repeated firmly. They reluctantly stood up and left. I turned to Loony. It was time. "I want to ask you some questions."

I opened my phone and began to record our interaction. I needed solid evidence to use against Carl and reclaim my position. I grabbed Loony's shoulders and pulled him to face me. "Tell me about the relationship you and Carl have."

"Caelus, what are you asking about? Like you, he's my boss at SkyHaven," he replied. Bullshit. I'd had enough of this charade, and my patience was wearing thin.

"Stop lying already!" I yelled, shaking him.

"Caelus, please, stop it," he begged, but I was too tired to relent.

"I won't stop until I get the confession I need," I declared but he couldn't answer anymore as he fell unconscious.

"No, you won't! Wake up, you son of a gun!"

I continued shaking him. "Damn it! Wake up!" I cried out in desperation. I froze when I saw his face. It was pale, his lips turning blue. "What the hell," I exclaimed at his condition. I quickly carried him and rushed out of the club, placing him in my car. As soon as I was in the driver's seat, I sped off to the nearest hospital.

"Emergency!" I shouted upon arrival at the medical facility. I leaped out of my car and carried Loony inside. We were immediately met by a doctor and a couple of nurses pushing a wheeled hospital bed, and I placed him on it without hesitation.

"What happened?" the doctor inquired.

"We were at a club drinking when he suddenly passed out," I replied. The doctor asked me a few more questions before attending to Loony. I sat outside the emergency room for what felt like an eternity. When I saw the medical staff pushing Loony's bed, I quickly stood up.

"Is he okay?" I asked the doctor,concerned.

"He's fine, but he needs some rest before he can leave."

"What caused this?"