Final Chapter

When Miu and I arrived, the shop was already open, thanks to Jed and Brody, who have been invaluable since I hired them.

"Good day, Boss Loony!" Brody greeted, organizing the pots outside. I paused to take in the bright, cloudless sky. "I sense love is in the air."

I furrowed my brow. "What do you mean? It's not even February."

"Boss Loony, love doesn't need a holiday. It's spring—Spring Love is everywhere."

I guessed he was in love himself, but I let it go. "I'll head inside now."

I took Miu's hand and we entered the shop, making our way to my mini-office. I placed Miu in his playpen, where he immediately began pulling out his toys. In minutes, the playpen was a mess, with Miu narrating a story about his toy dragons, calling the red one "Papa" and the blue one "Mama."

"Mama!" he called as he approached the divider.

"Yes, Miu?"

"Where's Papa?" he asked.

"He's working in the city," I replied.

"Oh, will he buy me ice cream?"

"He will," I forced a smile. "Would you like some ice cream now?"

"Yes, Mama."

I washed my hands and picked him up. "Do you want to walk?" He nodded, so I set him down.

"Mama, can I get Papa?" he asked, pointing at the red dragon. I handed it to him and we walked out of the office into the display room. Jed and Brody were busy with customers, and the bell on the door rang, signaling a new arrival.

"Good morning!" We greeted the new customer.

"Good morning!" Miu echoed cheerfully. I smiled.

"You're getting good at greeting customers," I said, patting his head. We were about to continue when I saw Caelus, his eyes locked on Miu.

"Papa," Miu mumbled, clutching his toy.

Caelus flinched and slowly approached. Miu, noticing the tall man, hid behind me.

Caelus stopped and sighed. I knelt beside Miu. "Miu, do you know who that is?" I asked gently. He looked at me, thumb in his mouth. "Miu, don't do that," I said, pulling his hand away. He hugged me tighter.

"Mama, who?" he asked, eyes still on Caelus.

"Miu, listen. He is your papa."

"My papa?"

"Yes, your papa." Miu glanced at Caelus, then hugged me tighter.

"Give him time," I told Caelus. "This is new for him."

"I understand," Caelus replied. "I'll try my best to be close to him. I promise to be the best father and husband."

"You can be the best father," I said coolly. "But don't expect to enter my life easily."

"You can hate me, but my love for you hasn't changed. You're always on my mind."

"Only because you marked me," I retorted.

"I marked you out of love, and that won't change."

"Well, I can find another alpha to mark me."

"Maybe you can, but you didn't."

"I was busy raising our child," I said, struggling to keep calm. I didn't want Miu to see our conflict. Caelus took my hand.

"It must have been hard for you," he said, placing my hand on his chest. "I'm sorry you suffered. It's my fault, but I'll protect you and our son now. Carl is in jail, and I won't let anyone hurt you again."

Tears welled up as he spoke.

"I hate you," I whispered, tears falling.

"Mama, don't cry!" Miu cried, tears starting to flow. I quickly wiped my eyes and knelt to comfort him. "You're bad!" he yelled at Caelus.

"Sssh, Miu, it's okay. I'm not crying anymore. Look at me." I wiped his tears. "He's not bad. He's your papa. He will buy you ice cream." I looked at Caelus. "Come here and talk to your son."

Caelus approached and knelt. "Hi, Miu," he greeted, patting his head. "My son." Miu looked at me, uncertain.

"It's okay," I reassured him, taking Caelus' hand.

"Papa," Miu said shyly.

"Yes," Caelus replied, tearing up. "Can I hug him?"

I nodded. Caelus gently hugged Miu. "Oh, my god. Miu, my son. I'm here. I'll never leave you and Mama again."

Miu's arms wrapped around his father. "Papa," he repeated. Caelus teared up. "Papa, don't cry."

"I'm just so happy," Caelus said, smiling. Seeing them together softened my heart. For Miu's sake, I wanted to give Caelus another chance.

"Let's get some ice cream," I suggested. Caelus stood, still emotional, and looked at me.

"Thank you for bringing him into the world," he said.

"How could I not?" I replied, looking at Miu. "Do you know why I named him Miu?"

He shook his head. "His name means beautiful feather."

"I am the sky always looking at the waves," he said, holding my hand. "Miu is the beautiful feather that takes flight of our love. We were written in the stars. Fate may try to separate us, but like the sky and the ocean, we will always meet at the horizon." I smiled and nodded. "Loony, I love you."

"I still love you, Caelus. I do."

He smiled. "Let's get some ice cream?"

"Mama! Papa! Ice cream!" Miu cheered.

We both smiled and held his hands, walking out of the shop. The sun was high, the wind gentle. Brody was right—love was in the air. I looked at Caelus and Miu, feeling the warmth of our reunited family. Yes, love was in the air— and its time to wave goodbye to the painful past and wave hello at the sky full of love and hope.