Chapter 33

Alon's Point of View

I still couldn't shake off what happened between me and Sir Caelus last night. He accused me of something outrageous—selling my body to Sir Carl or something like that. It was a relief when Sir Carl's secretary intervened, claiming Sir Caelus was just drunk.

Maybe he was, maybe not.

Either way, he's scary. What if he decides to fire me over that? I'm hoping he won't. I've been waiting all my life for a job like this.

I heard the elevator open, and I slowly got off, making my way to the Art Department.

"Good morning, Loony!" Bryan greeted me with his usual enthusiasm. Lost in my thoughts, I walked past him without saying a word. I went straight to my desk and sat on the floor, staring at the small painted pot with my son's name written on it.

"What if he really does fire me?" I pondered to myself. After all, he has the power to do it. "I'm doomed."

"Hey," a voice said as someone held my shoulder. I almost jumped out of my seat out of surprise. I quickly turned my head to see Bryan standing next to my chair. "Are you alright? Why do you look like you're down in the dumps?"

I released a deep breath. I didn't know if I should talk about this to anybody. I just shook my head. "It's nothing. I just got tired last night. My baby didn't allow me to fall asleep until two in the morning."

"Wait, what?" he reacted. "You mean you have a baby? A literal baby that cries, and sleeps, and then cries again?"

"Yup. Didn't I tell you?"

"No," he answered. "You never mentioned it to me before."

"Oh, now you know."

"What's his name?"

"Miu," I replied as I pointed to the name on the pot.

"Oh. All along, I thought that was your nickname," he chuckled.

"But my nickname is already Loony."

"Oh," he froze upon that realization. "Right."

"A package for Mister Alon Williams!" someone announced at the department entrance. Bryan and I exchanged a puzzled glance.

"Is it me, or did I hear someone call my name?" I asked Bryan.

"I heard your name, too," he confirmed. I quickly stood up and headed to the entrance where a man was waiting, holding something.

"Good morning. Are you Alon Williams?" the delivery guy asked me.

"Yes, that's me," I replied. "Is there something I can help you with?"

"You have a package to be received." My forehead furrowed upon hearing that.

"There must be some misunderstanding," I finally said after a short silence, trying to recall if I had any pending orders. "I didn't buy anything. I can't remember ordering anything."

"Oh," he reacted, checking his clip file folder. "It seems that you didn't order this," he confirmed. "But the delivery details indicate the SkyHaven Art Department, and the recipient's name Alon Williams."

"May I know who bought this, then?"

He checked his clip file folder once again. "Uhm. Sorry. They asked to be anonymous."

I repeated, surprised by what I had learned. My jaw literally dropped. Who could this person be?

"Here you go." He handed me a paper bag containing a box. "Please, sign here." I signed as instructed and watched him walk away, feeling bewildered. I slowly returned to my desk, Bryan still there, waiting.