3. Lost and found.

A year later.

outfits:

A year

A year. An entire fucking year. It had been a year since the downfall of planet earth begun, and the Rhodes sisters were somehow still alive. They were still hunkered down in the cafe, and they were still in possession of an abundance of food. Days went by slowly as they ran out of ways to make the time pass by. Dani taught Daisy 4th grade math, Dani rarely slept, Daisy drew, Dani told Daisy countless stories, and Dani learned how to cut hair (using Daisy as a tester). Danielle started her period, and had to make a run to a pharmacy. It went smoothly, except for Daisy tumbling over a pile of condoms laid out on the floor. She asked what they were, and Danielle hesitantly had "the talk" with her. They made another stop at a toy store beside the pharmacy, grabbing books and toys to help the time pass. Dani had to kill a couple walkers, but now it seemed like nothing to her. Afterwards they came back to the cafe, and life went on. Wake up, read, eat, talk, eat some more, and sleep. It was a cycle for the pair, and it quickly grew unbearable. Until the beauty of something new took ahold of them.

Voices. Two of them. A boy and a woman. The frame of a young boy could be seen through the fuzzy door. He fiddles with the doorknob, but is quickly pulled away by another person. Danielle's hand was tightly gripping her pistol as she stood by the door. Daisy was hidden behind the small counter, clutching her teddy bear in her arms. The two random people show up at the door again, and it suddenly opens. A pretty lady with long dreadlocks steps in, a katana draped over her back. She's dressed in worn out jeans and a tight orange top. There's someone behind her, but they have yet to come into Danielle's view. Dani's gun is raised, pointed at the woman's chest.

"Woah! Hey, it's alright."

The woman's voice is reassuring, and the person behind her pushes into the cafe. It's a boy. His hair is quite greasy, and he has a hat on his head that looks to be too big. Danielle's eyes soften, and her gun lowers. She plants it back in it's holster, her breath slightly labored.

"Nellie?"

Carl's eyebrows furrow, and he takes a faithful step towards the girl. A small gasp escapes Danielle's mouth, and she steps back.