17. The lineup.

a/n: I DONT WANNA WRITE THIS BRO IMA CRY 😭😭😭😭😭

outfit:

We walk through the woods, the dark causing me to shiver out of fear

We walk through the woods, the dark causing me to shiver out of fear. It felt like everytime we tried something, the Saviors were closing in on us. I just wanted Maggie to be okay. I just wanted us to be okay. I had been avoiding Carl a lot recently, and I just wanted things to go back to normal. Us sneaking around to make out, still not defining our confusing relationship. Being safe, not having to worry about the Saviors fighting back. Im worried about Michonne. I want her to be okay. And Daisy and Judith. I worry about them, Judith's completely defenseless and Daisy couldnt kill someone. She's barely even killed a walker.

I was walking behind Sasha, but I desperately wanted to be walking with Carl. I needed to talk to him before anything happened, before somebody died.

LOUD WHISTLES RING THROUGH THE FOREST

No, fuck no. That's creepy as shit. Everybody looks around, searching for each individual source. Panic. That's the word that encompasses what we all feel. Shadows. I feel like Im seeing things as my eyes drift around the trees.

"Go, GO!"

Rick rushes us, and we take off. I lift up Maggie to help, and we sprint through the woods. I pull my katana out of it's sheath, holding it ready as we run. My heart drops as light flashes into our eyes, and I squint at the sight in front of me. Shit.
Cars, people, and weapons, all against us. The Saviors caught us. I hold up my katana defensively, stumbling over to Carl's side, between him and Rick. What are we gonna do now? I search around for any way out, any exit, but there's nothing. My breath is heavy, I feel like there's an elephant sitting on my chest. Tears fill my eyes, we arent gonna get out of this one. My eyes land on Eugene, beaten and bloody, kneeling. These people are powerful, they have weapons, and clearly food for the masses. And apparently, torture tactics.

"Good, you made it! Welcome to where you're going. We'll take your weapons, now."

A man with a mustache and an unflattering haircut says, stepping into the light. Maybe he's the leader. He pulls out a gun as he speaks, pointing it at my head. Good choice, I admire his intelligence. He points his gun at the youngest looking one out of us, the most vulnerable.

"We can talk about it-"

Rick tries to explain, but the man interrupts.

"We're done talkin', time to listen."

He turns, and people start walking towards us. I hold my katana tightly, desperately wanting to keep it. They forcefully grab it, also snatching the pistol and knife from my hip. They take everybody else's weapons, and the man stands in front of Carl in particular.

"This your's right? Yeahhh..It's yours."

The man mumbles, holding Carl's gun. Carl glares at him, the glare of his one eye enough to scare a grown man. The man flicks Carl's hat, and Carl stands completely still. I glare at the man as he stands back up, and he steps over to me.