Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Daisy POV

I looked fantastic, but also wild, if that makes sense. I was at the book club again. There were no publishers tonight, and I know I wasted another opportunity to get signed.

"I'd like to announce that Beth has signed with one of the local publishers, and you can anticipate to see her new romance novel in our store before it hits the mainstream market."

Everyone around me claps except me. Beth is dressed wonderfully, as always. She was shining, as usual. She smelled lovely, as always. But below the glitz was a nasty bitch. I always recognize a bitch when I see one.

"Beth, do you have anything to say tonight?"

It feels like a nightmare.

When was I going to be in a ring like this and address my readers or supporters? When?

She stood and moved into the circle. Ouuu! I want to punch her fucking face. However, it would most likely look prettier. She's just so much better than me. I need to confront the filthy reality.

"Good night, everyone." She murmured gently as she turned around in the circle, addressing everyone. Perfect. That is what she was. And I am the exact, complete antithesis of that.

"I just wanted to express that without this book club, I wouldn't be able to pursue my aspirations." She made an introduction. She was faking it. She doesn't care about Keith's Book Club.

She's simply come here to be in the spotlight.

"I'd want to thank everyone who has read my work and provided feedback. But what I really want to share is that I will be contributing back to Keith's book club. So I'm contributing $75,000." She said as she persuaded Keith to join her in the circle. Everyone, including myself, began to clap. Fucking impressive.

She understands exactly what she was doing. No one is going to believe she has been messing with me.

*************

I approached Beth, who was clearly surrounded by everyone. "I need to speak to you. In private. Outside."

Jerry sneered, "Don't you see—?"

"Let's go." Beth remarked, cutting off Jerry. If I could, I'd push my asshole in his face as an insult. Just as I was ready to walk out the back with Beth, Jerry yelled my name.

"What?" I gritted.

"Remember, the gym deal is still valid."

I muttered, "I'm still thinking about it."

Beth and I strolled out into the night air. "So what is—?"

"Let me cut right to the chase. You hold money and people in your hands, but not me. I'll still rock your crap. I will fucking murder you because it would be so fucking good for me. You let someone break into my fucking house, and if you do it again, I'll wreck your little beautiful existence."

She grinned.

Urghhh. That tiny smug smile irritates me, and I was debating not rocking her stuff right here, right now.

"Is this the language of sheer hatred and jealousy?" She made a gentle comment.

"You listen to me, you little dump rubbish. You allowed an actor mimic my role and break into my home."

"Actor? Your character? What are you talking about?"

"Yes, Beth, play dumb, because that's all you've been doing. I see that chick in my house again, and I'll climb your fence, kill your fucking hamster, which you like, and then tie you up and let you watch me eat it."

"You are nuts." She hissed as she trapped me against the wall.

"You got a stranger in my house and you're calling me insane. I am defending myself."

"I honestly don't understand what you're talking about. But it seems like you're hallucinating things, and you might want to be checked out."

I pushed up into her, and we were face to face. "You'll know who's insane if you do something like that again. Touch my notepad again and see what happens."

"You need to relax, Daisy. My wonderful existence is gradually killing you." She muttered as she turned away. I hissed, marching towards her, ready to smash her, when a hand caught mine.

"Let me go!" I growled as I writhed free from their tight grip.

"Easy?" Malik murmured. I huffed. I pressed my next palm into his chest, and he abruptly let go. By the time I should have smacked her in the head, she had returned inside.

"You!" I shouted. I crashed against the wall and aggressively fumbled through my bossom for my cigarette and lighter.

I need to calm down. I was blowing hard.

"What's gotten into you?" Malik inquired.

"Don't you have a girlfriend? Go fuck off with Malik." I inquired, taking a deep pull from the cigarette and looking up at him.

"Are you alright?" he questioned.

"Everything's fantastic." I sarcastically answered.

"It didn't seem like it."

"It's just me. Nothing has changed." I snapped.

"What happened to you and her?"

"None of your goddamn fucking business!" I let out a roar. "Now, fucking leave me alone." I hurled the lighted cigarette at him, which struck him in the face.

"Ouch!" He screamed as he grabbed his cheeks.

"Bye?" I mumbled, not feeling sorry for him.