Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Daisy POV

So I might have ruined my own life rather than Bethany's. My Instagram comments were packed, but in the last few hours, more than 700 individuals purchased my book, and I earned well over $10,000. That could assist me a lot. Now I know you're probably wondering how I wrecked my own life. Well, those sales were only so they could speak garbage about my book. So I'll say that if 700+ folks were influencers rather than people.

Influencers were a weapon, worse than a fucking pistol shoved into your skull. They have communities who adore them as if they were God, or even more so.

Anything they say goes, and for the past five minutes while cruising through TikTok, all I could hear was.

"I purchased one of Daisy Martin's books, so you don't have to."

I wish I could push my fist down their posh, fake throats. When I look at the comments, I want to die. Of course, everyone is going to complain about how bad my novels were. Therefore, even though I was pleased with the increasing sale, it wasn't ideal.

And, as if things couldn't get much worse, my actual address was released, and I've received at least ten death threats. I wrecked my life.

But neither could I just sit on my sad, pathetic sofa and watch on live as Bethany, talked about banned on books. It simply wasn't right. I needed to say something. Was it worthwhile...? No, but I was glad I said something instead of regretting not saying anything.

Was this going to stop me from publishing my book? No. It was not. I was going to finish writing it. There is something well-organized within the chaotic arrangements. As you sucked in the bitterness, it became sweeter. And for me, simply having Bethany, a prominent author not only in town but throughout the United States, laud my work was enough motivation.

My phone rings. I picked it up.

"Daisy Right? Hello, this is Jody."

"Who?"

"One of the five girls who received a sample of your book."

"Uhm...hey." Did she called to dispute with me.? "Is there anything you want?"

"No, I'd want to praise you on this book."

See, bitter turns sweet.

"It was as if you were experiencing what you wrote. And don't listen to Bethany and her little spawn. Your book is great, and I hope you complete it."

"Thank you." I expressed my happiness and confusion. It's not every day that someone calls and compliments me. I was pleased with it but perplexed as to why it was occurring to me.

"I can't wait to get a copy." She was gleeful. "The sex scenes so far are incredible. I could never have envisioned myself taking a pierced cock."

"It makes you rather sore..." I trailed off. "I mean, the character in the story was sore, but she liked it... she truly loves it."

I hope Colt understands that after she comes out tonight, I want to ride her cock like a rodeo.

"Between you and I, I even touched myself while reading it." She squeaks like a mouse. "I simply couldn't help myself. It's as if Colts are real."

"Well, she's not." I giggled uncomfortably while looking around the home. I definitely should check the basement to see if she was there.

"As a thank you for this gem, let me take you out for coffee." She asked.

"I don't drink coffee."

"Tea or wine?"

I moistened my lips at the suggestion of wine. Free drinks. Nothing beats free drinks, and leaving the home allows Colton to crawl out the book.

"Does Wine sound good?"

"Great. Meet me downtown, at the Hungry Shark."

"Alright."