Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Daisy POV

My mood was so low all day that I kept largely glued to the sofa. I was too lazy to even cook breakfast, much less go to the gym. I did, however, have my laptop in front of me while I typed a few more chapters.

I was in chapter 20 of the book. And things were looking tense for my character in the novel. Just when things were sticky for me. Bethany's eerie voice echoed throughout the day in my thoughts, and it appeared to have grabbed my taste buds away, since it was the first time I wasn't frantic and bingeing.

My mouse arrow hovering above the Save button. And right as I hit save. I notification appears in the right corner of the laptop screen.

When I saw Bethany go live on YouTube, I wanted to throw my laptop away. Her name alone makes my heart race. Nonetheless, I opened the notification link, which took me to her channel, where she was live on one of the most popular television shows. The midday gossip. The term directly translates to "midday gossip." They talk nothing but drama. Which people adore.

As I glanced around, there were at least two hundred thousand people live, and I can only think how many were watching on TV. The duration of the show was 15 minutes.

"Why do you believe that all publishing houses should prohibit all intersex books?" Bailey, the host of the Mid-day Gossip, inquired.

"You son of eating bulldog." I growled at the screen. I grabbed my laptop hard.

Bethany smiles brightly into the camera, as if she's laughing right in my face. As if she could fucking see me. This little dog bitch, son of dog shit!

"I just believe it's an unimportant subgenre in novels. Seriously, a girl with nine or more cocks? We need realistic stuff in novels."

"But isn't that why they call it fiction? It shouldn't be real. It should just be for entertainment." The host posed.

"Exactly!" I shouted.

Bethany stared at the talk show host. She cleared her throat. She was practically paying for it, wasn't she? Her last words were, "I'm going to wreck your life."

Now she was! Now she fucking was!

"Ok guys....here is the phone number to call and offer your thoughts on "Should intersex novels be barred from being signed by a publishing house?"

I hurriedly picked up my phone and dialed the number. I understood there was a little possibility the studio would accept my call. After all, there were probably millions. But to my great surprise, I heard Bailey's voice on the other end.

"Yes guys, we've had our first caller. What's your opinion about it?"

I instantly turned on and muted the TV so there wouldn't be any interference.

"How many people are viewing this?" I asked. So far on Bethany Live, there have been 300,000 views.

"We currently have a watch time of six hundred thousand."

"Good. "My name is Daisy Martin." I trailed off. When I looked at the television, Bethany's eyes widened. "I write intersex novels." I said.

"Wow! You do?"

"I do, and I believe there should not be a band on it. But I can understand why Bethany wants a ban."

"Really. Please share your thoughts with us."

"Bethany, sweet, sweet, sugar pie! Bethany. She's been nothing but a fucking, dog crap since her spouse cheated on her with her writing assistance."

I checked her livestream to find that the comments had erupted.

"Bethany strived to appear perfect. The little deceitful cunt read my novel and fell passionately in love with it. But she understood she would never, in a million years, copy it or even compose something as original as my book—"

"Please turn this caller off!" She demanded.

"Let me talk!" I let out a roar. "This is not your television station."

"Continue." The host urged.

I smirked.

"She vowed a few hours ago to make my life miserable and wreck everything."

"It's all a lie."

Everyone in her live-stream began chanting lies about how I merely wanted fame.

"I don't desire fame. I'm not lying. We're in the same book club. We reside in the same town, and I have millions of proof. She's just a little bitch. And it's ok if no publishing house wants to publish my book since it doesn't meet their criteria. But don't come here spewing nonsense, you little phony trash. You loved my book."

"Is it true?" The host inquired of Bethany.

"I'm not sure who she is. She is nothing but a stalker."

"Stalker! Who would want to stalk someone as miserable as you? Your book is really terrible. And the people who are pushing your novels, or the females who have no idea what romance should be."

"We're receiving a few texts messages stating you're simply envious of Bethany."

"I'm jealous. All of us who are barely making ends meet with our novels are jealous, and our only fucking problem is that we are not living life like the book, in which a character gets away with murder. Because, Bethany, I'd murder you."

Everyone in her live feed lets out a flurry of gasp and shock emojis.

"You say one more crap like this..."

"And," the host inquired.

"That is all."

"You have nothing more!"

She seems fascinated by what I had to say.

"Do you have any social media accounts that you would like people to contact you on?" She asked. I inform them about my social media and where they can locate my "shitty books."

As I looked at Bethany, I saw nothing but loss written all over her face. She may have won the war but not the fight.