Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Daisy POV

I've completed nine chapters of the book so far. And so far, it had no title. I honestly didn't know what to call the book, and thinking about it, it wasn't that significant. What was crucial was to find out if anyone in the book group was interested. I opted to present a few newcomers instead of those I already knew. They were hateful. Plain and straightforward.

I'd had at least five copies printed. I only need to hear five feedbacks on how it sounds so far. I gave them my email address and phone number and silently hoped for the best.

"What do you have there?" Bethany inquired as she gazed at the copy of my book that I kept for myself.

I wanted to snap at her, but I could feel Keith's eyes on me, so I just placed my lovely card, despite the fact that the look on her face was anything but kind. After all, she keeps money in his frowny old pocket, so she can get away with anything.

"My book. It's not completed yet." I drily answered.

"Another book. Another possible failure."

I grinned. "The only reason you're getting away with this is that I don't want to get tossed out of the club."

"Really now." She whispered. She stepped into space, threateningly. "What if I told you, if I informed Keithy, that I no longer want you in this club? He will just have to kick you. Do you know why?"

"You wouldn't." I glared.

"Yes, I would. And he would. Because he is my bitch." Her rose lips smirked.

"Anyway, may I have that copy of the book? I want to read the crap you wrote."

I looked back at Keith and noticed he wasn't looking. I slapped the papers into her face. She let out a loud snarl.

I giggled. "I apologize." I smacked it across her face again, then placed the book on her chest, which she grasped.

"I hope you'll enjoy it."

"I'm not going to enjoy this rubbish." She said.

"Maybe."