Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Daisy POV

I could hear the telephone ringing. It rang in my brain. As my hand explored the coffee table mindlessly. I managed to knock a few things off, but the buzzing and ringing phone eventually found its way into my hand. My fingers feel aimlessly along the buttons, and all I know is that I clicked answered, while I continue to position the phone at my ears.

"Good Morning." My morning voice arrived. My mouth felt like hot pebbles as I slept with it open, and all moisture had evaporated. As I closed my lips, fluid rushed in, and I swallowed to moisten the back of my throat. "Hello." I frowned. My eyes snapped open.

"Hi!" Bethany Cherry's voice arrived. I flinched and hastily jumped up. The book landed on the floor. I looked down and realized I was nude.

"What."

"I've read your book."

"So?" I grumbled. Nobody had awoken yet, judging by the blue morning hour outside. So, why was Bethany awake. Was her soul riding on something?

"Speak to me when I wake up."

"No!" She shouted.

"What do you want, little deceitful snake?" I hissed. I coughed. It was too early to be furious and argue. I should be asleep. Not hearing Bethany's voice causes me nightmares at times. Wait, I was experiencing a nightmare.

"You're not suffering a nightmare, and my voice is pleasant to the ears."

"You intended for deaf folks. Ok."

"What do you want?"

"Your book. It's fantastic."

That's the same term Colt used, and I'd imagine she and Colt were working together on this. But I'm past that point. Colt was my little bit of fun. The girl who made me come out of my shell. So I wouldn't go so far as to believe Bethany was behind this. I think that Colton sprang out of the book in an unexplained manner. As long as no one knows and I don't tell anyone, everything will be OK.

"It sounds well-written." She whispered, most likely to herself. In no way would Bethany, the woman with a large stick in her ass, claim my book was "well written."

Yep! It's confirmed! I was fucking dreaming. A part of me wanted to stay in this dream, so I refrained from pinching myself. It was too darn good to be true.

"Ok. Did you fall? Did you drop on your head? Are you going crazy?" I stretched slightly and let out a yawn.

"No. I'm telling you that your book is great. I reread several times. The sexual scenes. It's like any other."

"Guess what? You can't steal it. Because I have a copyright and have several copies all over the place?" I warned. I put nothing pass her. She was good in everyone's eyes and couldn't hurt a fly. Bethany has no trouble damaging my life, and I am the same way.

"Ho, how did you do it?"

"I—I don't know." I wasn't sure what to say. She'd be the second person to provide an honest evaluation of my book. I was pretty unsure of my writing style. Perhaps it was because I can't recall how I wrote it. I believe I should ask Colt what she sees when I go blank and begin to write.

"You transformed an intersex character into something serious. It's like a novel that anyone can sit down and read.

"Thanks." I muttered. "So, will you have someone sign my book? You may say a few words to New Yorker Rimes." I said with joy.

"I won't." She scowled.

"What?"

"I'm the most talented writer there is."

"But—"

"Yes, your writing is excellent. Beautiful. However, if my publishing firms sign you, you will kick me out. Daisy, I have one thing to do."

"And that is?"

"To wreck your life."

The call went dead. This. This. This! This was a nightmare. Only thing is, I did not spring out of bed. I was sitting on the sofa, staring at my plump cat resting next to its feeding bowl. Was Bethany seriously going to wreck my life over a book?!