𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

FRIENDS?? >

( i feel like i'm losing my mind,
gone in due time )

PAIGE AND ADA had been spending a lot more time together in and out of practices. surprisingly speculations of the two had been quickly shut down, most fans fighting whether there was more than just a friendship sprouting between the two. at the end of the day it was concluded to just friends. which was true. paige and ada were just friends.

even if their stares lingered a little longer than they should, and their hugs prolonged, glances too often shared. yeah, just friends.

is what they told themselves as they lay next to one another in the boot of paige's car. blankets cushioning the floor of her car as pillows supported their heads, popcorn placed between them, intently watching the movie that had begun in the drive-in cinema. a place they often found themselves returning to every week.

            jade and zia constantly told their friend that going to places such as drive-in cinemas was something far too intimate to do with a friend. regardless ada quipped back, simply shutting their questions down by saying it was them sitting down innocently watching a movie.

yet as she lay beside paige, bodies tangled as they huddled beneath their shared blanket. paige's head falling into her shoulder, her breathes aerating onto her neck in short intakes of air it blew at her ear, arising immense mounds of butterflies in her stomach. twisting her internal organs in a certain way that it couldn't be ignored. she started to question herself if this was a normal thing to be doing as friends. but the way paige went about it so casually silenced those thoughts. paige probably does this all the time with azzi...right?

paige, who could not even watch the movie, too intent with ada. finding her eyes perch back onto the girl every few seconds. if someone had asked her what the movie was about she wouldn't be able to tell you. but if you asked her what ada wore tonight, she could tell you in extreme detail.

ada wore fluffy red plaid pants, matching with paige's green ones--which was unintended. paired with a white lace tank top, tight around her waist which paige had noticed the moment ada got into her car. knowing ada's weird habits of never bringing jumpers to hang outs she remembered to bring one of her own for the girl to wear, knowing that she'd eventually get cold as always. so she had on a grey uconn hoodie, the notorious number 5 on the back. it was quite big on ada, granted ada fell at 5'3 and paige stood tall at 6'0. it was expected that the sleeves pulled over her hands and the hoodie fell mid thighs.

before ada could catch the blond staring at her, paige flicked her eyes back to screen, bitting the inside of her lip, hoping that she had not caught her gaze before it was too late. ada had noticed this whole time that paige had her eyes on her for majority of the night. but she left it, assuming it was just because she was in her hoodie, and wanted it back before the night ended. though that was the complete opposite.

the two girls internally screamed as the movie rolled to the credits, announcing its end and the end of their night. after packing up their little fort in the back of paige's car the girls continued their venture back to ada's apartment.

"i love the part where she read out the poem for him," ada released themselves from the silence. "yeah, same it was so sweet." paige agreed, even though she didn't even know that had happened in the movie.