𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

GOODBYE>

( let's catch a flight change the weather, and i promise forever
all mine. )

                           EVERYONE WAS ON EDGE after all it was the most highly anticipated game of the season. the famous paige bueckers and catilin clark going head to head for the championship. everyone had their opinions on the game. especially the media, picking at every flaw like vultures. gauging on their mistakes, only shedding more pressure onto the two players, much more pressure than there already was.

               despite the smiles and the laughs, no one had seen what it was like behind the camera. the practices where the girls were almost pushed to tears. not like you could tell underneath the sweat. all their injuries, the hard work weighed on this moment.

            nervous was too much of an understatement. not when they all sat listening to the beat of their own hearts as it quickened at the perpetual sound of the clock ticking. the voices outside of the locker room which beckoned down each hall, puncturing their ears. not like it mattered, they were stone cold. thoughts only spiralling with the every aspect that could possibly go wrong.

               "cmon we gotta go now." nika muttered with a harsh cough. the team still with their heads stead on the concrete floor just nodded like bots in agreement.

        "ok, no. get fucking hyped. if we are already thinking were gonna lose we're gonna lose. we didn't come all this way for nothing. so get your asses up and cheer for how far we've come. this is my last year and i ain't goin waste it on being worried." nika shouted, and in pursuit the girls shouted with her. slinging arms over one another as they made their way out into the stadium. following the sound of roaring fans that filled the stands.

            ada cheered along side the coaches and levi. screaming just as loud as the fans that sat behind her. even louder as the team came onto the court for practices and as usual she took her seat on the sidelines beside caroline and azzi.

             "switch jersey's with me." azzi demanded, not even as a question as she begun to slip the jersey off from her jumper, handing it over. "thank you." ada smiled doing the same.

         "here lemme take a photo of yall." levi waved over the two girls as they turned around flashing their jerseys with pride. ada holding her hair in one hand as the other pointed to the bold white letters spelling out 'BUECKERS'.

           it was a small detail that made her imminently blush— to finally be able to wear jersey which belonged to the girl who she liked so much whilst cheering for her on the side.

           "blushing real hard there caddel." levi teased as he laughed at his friend, who was completely and utterly smitten with the basketball player in front of them.

       paige, who was too locked in to even notice the act spared a small second to look over. her eyes almost immediately found their way to ada who had been too indulged with her rebuttal with levi to even notice the blonde. but paige definitely noticed ada. specifically ada in a jersey that had paige's name on it.

                though before paige could even comprehend what was happening kk was quick to snap her out.

"alright, stop drooling."