𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

FERRIS WHEEL >

( i just wanna love
someone who calls me 'baby' )

               PAIGE HAD NOT TOLD ADA what exactly they were going to be doing for the day. so naturally the blond opted for the auto response of, "just wear something casual." paige uttered to her phone were on the other side a very frustrated ada groaned. "casual could be anything." ada stated, scanning her closet. as she stood in front of her mounds of clothes it still didn't look like enough to her.

                 "i swear i have no clothes." ada sighed as she quickly flicked through each hanger, eyes moving over the item of clothing before a deep frown would weave onto her face. paige laughed, moving towards her mirror to analyse her own outfit before nodding slowly. wearing something simple, casual. washed out light green jeans with a cropped white t-shirt and a black buttoned down throw over. it was as simple as she wanted to go, after all this was her and ada's first date. granted she didn't specifically say the word 'date' but in high hopes she just assumed ada would think of it in that way.

               "you have too many clothes. i've seen your closet and i'm shocked you can even still close that thing." paige chuckled, placing the phone down turning it up on speaker. moving to her shoe rack to finalise her outfit.

               "yeah but when i really need them it's like all the stuff i want to wear disappears." ada had put some what of an outfit together. touching up her make up before letting out a much needed breath. smoothing the ends of her hair she settled on her very 'casual' outfit. whatever that had meant.

                  "i'm sure you'll look great. you look pretty in anything--anyways i'm on my way now, i'll see you in 10." the two girls hung up their hour long call. giving each of them 10 minutes to fully prepare themselves for what is to come.

                          it was nice to know they were friends but also more than. for some reason the unofficial title brought a weird comfort to the two girls. maybe it was the fact they now both knew that their feelings were shared. that they no longer had to step around eggshells and have to question if their comments were intended for flirting or friendliness.

                        but the main question which now withstood was what they were. it felt wrong to go about like this without anything. and ada was certainly not gonna put herself through another situationship. not after what had happened with chase.

                 ada had not yet told paige about the previous conversation with chase. ada did not know if she wanted to come to terms with the whole conversation herself.

               it was weird that chase meant so much to her mere months ago. that she couldn't imagine her life without him in it. now ada couldn't imagine chase in her life at all.

               he had broken her for someone else to glue back together—paige had glued ada back together.

                   ada took one last glance in the mirror before running down to the front of her apartment as she took a look at the 'i'm here' text from paige which was sent 5 minutes ago.

                       paige looked out her car window, seeing a flushed ada walking towards her car. her hair falling past her shoulders in their natural waves, her brown eyes luminous beneath the harshened sun that had directed their beams of sunlight in a perfect reflection over ada's face. her cheeks pink as she hopped into the car. hands fiddling with one another as she interlaced them tightly in her lap.