𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

KATE MARTIN >

( but you're in college now and i'm about to go on tour. )

FOR SOME REASON PAIGE'S WORDS DIDN'T HURT ADA. "why don't you think we'll work?" ada's tone was demanding for answers, enraged by the constant questioning paige left her in. there were always things unanswered when it came to paige. ada always thought that is what made their relationship so exciting, the mystery of it all. but it was no longer exciting when ada had always been an open book when paige barely let her read a few lines.

"i was just thinking about the future for us. i mean we're both so busy and we have so many ambitions we want to fulfil. what if we can't make time for one another." paige stared at the blankness of her roof as she said this. letting the dark void captivate her into complete and utter nothingness to cater for the void in her chest which grew.

"what if we aren't or you aren't willing? if you really wanted to make this work you wouldn't be questioning whether it will and just make sure it does. there was never a moment where i second guessed our relationship, or whatever this is." ada huffed, her voice drawling back into a mumble.

"ada--"

"no you're right. your career is everything so put that first, it's my last week with the team anyway so it's fitting to just go our seperate ways after." ada wasn't crying nor were her eyes tearing up. all she could feel was anger, resentment. she never thought that paige would be the one to give up on something that had barely even started.

"no ada, please--"

"i'm going to sleep, you should to. bye," the only sound that filled paige's ear was that of the line being abruptly cut off leaving only the reminisce of ada's voice ringing in her ear.

she knew ada was right. she was just foolish enough to think otherwise. she had over thought the situation far too much that it led to this. of course she let her mouth move faster than her thoughts making things worse.

paige and ada are perfect together, though that doesn't mean they are perfect for each other.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

geno had just finished handing the teams awards. the seniors had done their speeches and aubrey and paige announcing whether or not they were coming back for another year at uconn. to everyones delight they were, meaning another year of seeing paige bueckers in her uconn jersey.

ada caddel was not at all surprised at the news. after all she had been the one to help her make that decision. but as gampel was booming with cheering students with their signs and standing ovations she clapped along with them.

"ada, can i talk to you for a a sec?" gina herman. uconn executive director for the uconn newsletter. more famously known for her many, many connections within the journalism industry--more specifically in the sports journalism department. she was ada's boss and idol. and now she was talking to her.

"uhm--yeah, yeah of course." ada excused herself from levi as she manoeuvred her way through small mounds of people, trailing closely behind gina.