𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

THE SUN IS ALSO A STAR>

( close my eyes and fall
into you, you, you. )

              "STOP FOCUS." ada giggled, legs splayed out over paige's as the two girls laughed to themselves. paige kept a firm hold on ada's legs, lightly moving her fingers along her exposed skin. drawing small circles with her nails as they glided across her tanned skin. the small act sent ada into orbit as she lightly tugged onto her bottom lip.

"okay, okay i got this." paige voiced, shuffling slightly. ada took another popcorn from the paper bag, throwing it up into the air for paige to catch, which she did...finally.

they had been at this for half an hour. playing pointless games instead of finishing their movie. which was now the background noise of their conversation.

"alright, you try now." paige cheesed, rolling her tongue across her teeth. copying ada's actions as the brunette caught it just between her teeth, looking back at paige with a smug smile. winking playfully at the blonde.

"i'm just too good like that." ada shrugged casually. the girl rolled her eyes in response, lightly pinching ada's side as she swatted her hand away.

"ok, each popcorn we don't catch the other can ask a question or something." ada suggested, paige agreeing as she prepared herself for their childish antics.

ada threw yet another in the air only for paige to sadly and fortunately miss. "hmmm, what was your past relationships like?" ada pondered aloud. this question had been on her mind a lot recently. they had never really talked about their past love lives. only vaguely brushing over the topic before switching to the next. the subject being a bit too touchy for ada at the time since her and chase still felt fresh on her skin.

"i never really got into relationships. more of just small flings with different girls. i always told myself i had no time to be in a relationship. but that has changed...drastically." paige narrowed her gaze as she said this. prominently directing her statement towards ada.

"i know, i'm pretty amazing." ada joked, moving the popcorn bag towards paige as they continued their game.

"ooo, and ada caddel misses... hmm... are you close with your family??" paige muttered, any measure would be taken to get the brunette to open up—if she was willing of course. though ada didn't open up often. yet there was something so comforting about paige that made ada feel okay to talk openly like this. she had only ever really opened up to zia and jade. so something like this was very uncommon for her.

"with my dad. he's always been my biggest supporter for everything and anything. and he just loved showing he cares. i have an older sister, reece. me and her are really close, she's literally my inspiration. without her i don't know where i'd be. she's been like my mother figure growing up." ada sniffled at the thought of of her family who she missed dearly. though they called time to time. it was never enough, not like when she actually got to see them.

paige smiled softly, pulling ada into her chest as she played with her slightly messy strands. paige listened to every single thing ada said with such detail. the way ada would speak of anything, anyone. with so much love and genuine respect that it was impossible to get bored when she was speaking. it was as if everything she said had a deeper meaning to what it meant. the softness and mellowed rasp in her voice made the crispness of her words sound like melodic symphonies that paige could replay over and over again.