Chapter Thirty: The Morning After

TW: Sensitive subjects will be brought up in this chapter.....

~

         I wake up the following morning to sweet kisses all over my cheeks. My smile widens as my eyelids flutter open. My favorite pair of loving green eyes welcome me. "Morning, Gio." I greet him with a raspy voice. When he realizes I'm awake, his smile widens and he plants a kiss on my lips.

"Morning sunshine. How did you sleep?" He asked.

"Great." I blushed in response, remembering what had transpired the night before. I feel more refreshed than I have in a while.

"That's good, love. I'm glad you got some needed rest." He smiles at me as he runs his thumb over my cheek bone.

"How did you sleep?" I asked him in return.

"I always sleep well with you in my arms." He said cheesily as he snuggled back into me, placing his head in my neck and his hand on my stomach. I laced my hand with his as I looked towards the clock on my nightstand.

6:27 AM

"Gio we need to shower." I said, interrupting the comfortable silence we had. Gio groaned at my suggestion and snuggled in some more making me chuckle at his behavior.

"Don't want to." He grumbled just like his daughter Bellamy.

I rubbed his scarred back, "No offense but....we smell like sex and in a minute we're gonna have to get the girls up to get ready for school." I explained as he reluctantly sighed in agreement.

We ended up showering together, with a little bit of funny business and got ready for the day. We were both dressed as I began to do my hair in the mirror, Gio watching me closely as I took my gel, edge control, a brush, my edge brush, and a pony tail holder out of my hair draw. I figured a top puff was the easiest and quickest at the moment so I put gel all around the edges of my hair and began to slick it up with my brush.

"I like when your hair is big and curly." Gio complimented me as he admired my hair.

I smiled big, "Thanks, Gio." I said as he watched me do my edges.

"Those are baby hairs right?" He asked curiously as he observed me make little swirls on them.

"Yeah, though most people call them edges." I shrugged as he nodded his head and hugged me from behind.

Once I finished doing my hair and cleaning up after myself, Gio and I made our way to the girls' room. Gio opened up their bedroom door as we quietly made our way inside. What we saw next was absolutely adorable. Bay was laid on her back in her bed as Bellamy was snuggled into her with her head in her sister's neck. It was rare to ever see Bellamy in Bay's bed but I'm sure with all the raised emotions the fight had brought on, caused a need in Bellamy to be close with her sister which I'm sure Bay enjoyed. I wish I didn't have to wake them up though but they had school so I began to softly rub their back up and down.