Chapter Nineteen: Movie Night

~

~

             "Bell! Bay!" I shouted out to them from the kitchen as I finished up dinner.

"Sì, mamá [Yes, mom]!" They both yelled back as they ran to me in the kitchen. Giovanni and Bay made it back earlier and have been here for a while. Bay and Bellamy were excited to see each other, it's been a long time since they were separated for more than an hour. This whole time Gio's been playing with them in the playroom and helping Bay finish up her homework, which I thought was sweet. I had called out for the twins because I had just finished making dinner for us all and I needed them in their pajamas. Before I knew it, they were both standing in front of me.

"It's getting late, why don't you both get your pajamas on and then we can eat dinner." I insisted.

"Okay, mommy." They said in unison as they bolted off to follow my instructions. I continued to stir the gravy for the roast and mashed potatoes before I decided it was done and turned the heat down to low. I pulled the roast out of the oven and set it on the counter next to the stove. With a sigh, I removed the oven mitts from my hands and tucked them into the drawer beneath me.

"It smells good." I heard from behind me. I jumped, quickly turning around from being a bit startled as my body collided into something hard. It was a chest. A very well defined one at that. I looked up and all I saw were dark green eyes staring into mine.

"S-Sorry I didn't know you were behind me." I stumbled out of nervousness. He smelled so good. It reminded me of a masculine musk blended with a lovely vanilla and sandalwood cologne.

"No, that was my fault, I didn't mean to sneak up on you like that. I thought you heard me come in." He explained as his hand discreetly found its way on my hip.

I took in a sharp breath from feeling his hand on my hip. "O-Oh it's o-okay, your good." I quickly stammered out a response. I loved the feeling of his hand on me, I'm a very physical touch kind of person. It's been a while since I've had any attention not just from men but anyone besides my mother.

Though I blame myself because I tend to be a recluse at times. If I'm being very honest, I thought I was getting ugly. However, when you think about it, the majority of Italian guys wouldn't even consider seriously dating a woman of color, so perhaps the only reason why they wouldn't approach me is because I'm Black. Or maybe it's the fact that I have kids and no man wants to 'deal' with that, they would think of it as baggage.

For whatever reason, Giovanni was interested in me right now, so I didn't really care. He gives subtle hints here and there, but it exists, and that's all that counts right now because I think I like him too. He's been nothing but nice and understanding towards the girls and I and his maturity is very attractive so I'm not astonished that I find myself liking him. I quickly pull out my thoughts when I hear Gio whisper in my ear, making my body shutter.