Nineteen

This chapter may come as a surprise to some but I decided to take this route. Hope you can still enjoy and happy reading!

-

Pete

I'm finally safe again. Well... not exactly I guess. I turn my head to glance at Vegas as he drives. Then my eyes land on our hands. He's still holding me. As soon as he got in the car, he grabbed my hand and hasn't let go. There's something off about him. He still carries his aura of danger but something is definitely different.

We are sitting in the front seat as Chay and Arm sits in the back. Lom, Tankhun and Pol are following us from behind as I assume we are making our way back to the mountain house.

"Phi Pete, is it true?" I turn my head to look at Chay in the back. He had his eyes trained on our hands. "Did you really get married?"

I try to release Vegas's hand but he grabs my hand and clasp it tighter. I turn to look at him then back at Chay.

"Umm. Yes. But it was only because Vegas thought I was you. Now that everyone knows I'm not. I'm sure we can get a divorce now." I feel Vegas grip me even tighter. "Ah, Vegas you're hurting me."

Vegas releases his pressure but still doesn't let me go. "We're not divorcing."

"But you already have everything you want don't you?" I say looking at him.

"Do you want me to marry your brother instead? Because I can bet your ass the moment you leave me, Arthee will have me marry Chay to protect him."

"Ew no." Chay says from the back seat.

This time it was me who gripped Vegas too hard but he didn't seem to mind.

"Just like this Pete." Vegas brings our hands up. "Hold onto me tightly just like this."

I sigh and turn my body away, staring out into the night. I don't want to say something wrong and a fight breaks out in front of Chay so I stay silent.

"Phi Pete. What happened? How did you get away? We saw Kim... that bastard shoot you." Chay talks again.

I rather not talk about it but I know it will bother Chay until the end if I don't say. And I guess it's best to get it out of the way and all at once while both Chay and Vegas are here so I don't have to explain twice.

"He didn't... well he tried but Macau came in and stopped him in time." I answered.

"Macau came back from university?" Chay perks up and scoot over to the middle of the seat, leaning in.

"So it's true you know him too." I sigh. "I'd really start going through your friend list if I were you."

"Did he hurt you?" Chay asks.

"No he saved me but... that still makes him Kim's brother and someone potentially dangerous to hang around with."

"I trust him. He's my best friend." Chay comments with a lower tone.

"I know he's a good friend to you. The reason why he even came home from university was to look for you. He was going to ask his Phi for help. Imagine his reaction when he found out his brother was the one to kidnap you."

"He knows?" Chay asks, his voice urgent now.

"He knows..." I turn to look at Chay. "He knows everything."

Chay sighs heavily and backs into his seat understanding. "Was he hurt? I know Macau likes me though I only see him as a friend. But I never want to hurt him this way."