twenty - boyfriend teaser

[Advisable to read the previous chapter in case you've forgotten what happened]

[Vegas]

"Has he always lived in Ranong?" Pete asked me curiously about Nick as we continued walking, heading back to the parking lot.

I nodded. "Yeah, he's been my friend since I was five."

He nodded, a thoughtful look on his face.

"Why are you so interested?" I asked him curiously because he had been asking non-stop questions about Nick ever since he left. "Last time I checked, you thought he was my partner in kidnapping."

He just shook his head. "Nothing, I'm just being curious. I still think he is a kidnapper so I want to know more about him."

I knew he was lying.

Since I'd been spending more time with him, I'd realised that when he told a lie, he'd always purse his lips together, which he just did.

Something was up. I wasn't one to force the truth out of a person but I was really tired of Pete keeping all these secrets from me, I had to find a way to get him to tell me. Like the stuff about his brother, I hadn't been able to get that out of my head, the thought that his brother might be homeless somewhere. I'd been waiting for a good time to ask him about it. I really wanted to help.

I decided to let it be, just for now because there was something else I'd always been curious about.

"Hey Pete?"

He tilted his head as he looked at me.

"How do you...eat?"

"What?"

"I mean, since you live alone..."

"Oh right huh, don't worry about it, I get an allowance from my aunt every month." He waved his hand dismissively. As if on cue, his stomach growled.

I quirked an eyebrow. "And it's enough?"

He turned away slightly, shy. "Yeah, more than enough."

I huffed and took a hold of his hand, dragging him over to my motorcycle.

"Where are we going?"

"To perform my boyfriend duties."

"You aren't my boyfriend though."

"Not yet sure so think of this as a...teaser."

🔪🔪🔪

And he said he wasn't hungry.

Pete was shoveling the curry into his mouth so fast, the spoon was a blur. It was like he hadn't eaten in weeks. His expression was so intent, so focused on the food in front of him, that it was almost comical. I couldn't help but smile as I watched him, my own food all but forgotten.

Finally he looked up, his eyes meeting mine. For a moment, he just stared, a forkful of curry halfway to his mouth. Then a blush crept up his cheeks, and he ducked his head.

"Why are you staring?"

I grin. "Because you're cute."

He looked up, glaring slightly but cheeks still red. "Shut up."

"I thought you said you weren't hungry?"

He pouted. "I'm not...food's just too good."

I tsked. "You want seconds?"

He pursed his lips, looking conflicted but I could already tell what he actually wanted so before he could say no, I stood up.

"I'll ask for seconds."