twenty three - censored

[Pete]

I stared down intently at my phone, reading the text messages over and over again, as if doing so was going to help me figure out who this asshole was.

For ruining his life?

That statement got me really confused. Who was he and how the hell did I ruin his life?

Before this whole murder thing, I don't really think I did anything bad to anybody. I was always friendly towards people, I never hurt anybody.

Was this person a friend of those boys that got murdered? Or of that girl who got beat up?

I had no idea what to think of this situation anymore and the fact that my little brother was in the middle of it, made it so much more frightening.

I didn't have the slightest idea of what I could've done to this person to make them go even as far as leaking my nude to the whole school. 

I looked up to Nick and Vegas as they conversed, then down to the jacket that was clutched in Vegas's fist.

I remembered it well. It was my step father's. It was the jacket that he wore to work everyday and also the jacket that he'd pull off when he'd enter my room at night and...

No Pete, don't think about that anymore, this isn't the time to think about that.

I sighed. I'd admit that when the whole murder thing happened two years ago, even though I was all messed up and damaged by the death of my mother, I felt a little...relieved at the death of him, my step father.

I felt relief in the sense that he wouldn't be around to torture me anymore, he wouldn't hurt me anymore and he wouldn't be able to hurt Prince. That was the only light of the situation at that time, the only bright side.

I was so glad that it was all over then, but I was never warned me about the never ending memories, about how all the things that asshole did to me was never going to be undone even after his death.

And now I had to deal with it all. Even though the memories didn't flood my head as much as it did since Vegas came along, they were still there and I had to deal with the fear that one day, Vegas was going to find out about it and if the murder thing didn't make him run away from me, then this would surely make him.

I discretely wiped the tears off the corners of my eyes because I didn't want Vegas to see me, him seeing me would lead to him asking questions, questions that I can't answer and that would lead to me lying, something that I didn't want to do to Vegas anymore.

I then looked up to Nick and Vegas again, seeing as Vegas kept talking to Nick, who wasn't really listening, instead, I noticed that his eyes were on me.

This time, he didn't have any smirk on and he wasn't staring at me mysteriously, he was staring at me with an emotion that I couldn't quite understand and when I raised an eyebrow at him, he quickly looked away.

maybe his son wants to take revenge because you murdered his father

Nick's words kept ringing in my head, the tone to which he said it had certainty in it, like he was sure of what he was saying.

And now, I was starting to think about the fact that he might be right. Maybe it was a son, or a relative of my step father that was doing all this and Nick would've been my prime suspect in this theory if only his last name wasn't Shinawatra, which also happened to be the last name of my real father and that just made everything so much more complicated.

But even with this, I still strongly believed that he had something to do with all this. He sent off such...strange vibes.

I didn't really believe what he said at all about finding out my real last name from my previous school. I know Vegas said he was a good stalker but, it still seemed so weirdly suspicious.