twenty two - boss.

[Tawan]

"Give it nerd," I sneered, crossing my arms over my chest as I stared at the glaring boy in front of me.

"Or what?" he challenged, trying to seem confident but I could tell he was nervous just from the way he was shaking slightly.

I glanced back to Mike and Lake, who were standing behind me with glares on their faces. 

"Or they'll make you," I threatened.

The nerd looked past me to the boys and fear flashed through his eyes before he sighed in defeat and gave me his phone grudgingly.

I smiled in satisfaction and took the phone from his hand, going over to his messages and then his gallery, quickly deleting the nude pictures of Pete.

I gave him back his phone. "Thanks for cooperating."

He glared at me and walked away.

"Okay, I think that's everyone," I said, sighing in relief. "But if someone's already posted it on the net, then there's really nothing I can do about it."

I was awfully tired as I'd been going around school, taking everyone's phones and deleting the nude pictures of Pete to stop it from "spreading" as he'd asked. I didn't really think my methods would be effective but at least, I could tell Vegas that I tried.

"I don't get why we're helping him." Mike furrowed his eyebrows confusingly at me.

"I'm not helping him, I only deleted all the pics because Vegas begged me to," I said.

"Why?" Lake asked.

I shrugged.

"You know, I'm starting to think that what people are saying about Vegas is true," Mike thought out loud. 

Lake nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I think he's involved with Pete in some sort of way, like he's been the one helping him with all the killings and stuff."

I just rolled my eyes at them as my phone beeped inside my pocket.

I brought it out and checked the text message, my heart dropping and my mood becoming sullen when I saw who it was.

From: B.
Meet me at the backfields behind the tree.

I sighed and looked up. "Guys I have to go now, see ya at lunch."

I bid them goodbye and walked to the back fields, making sure that nobody followed behind me and nobody was around before walking over to the big tree.

I was never in a happy mood whenever I had to meet with B because he was always up to pure evil and I always felt awful about myself because I knew that I was helping him.

"B," I said when I got to him.

He turned to me. His unfriendly, dark brown eyes already boring into mine.

"Tawan," he said in his deep voice.

"Where's-" Before he could finish his sentence, I cut him off.

"I saw the text boss sent to Pete," I told him, "Boss threatened to hurt Prince, is he really going to do it?"

He shrugged. "If Pete behaves, boss wouldn't have to."

I gasped. "B, when I agreed to this deal, you said Prince was off limits, you said he wouldn't get hurt!"

"Watch your tone with me," he sneered and that immediately shut me up.

"Neither boss nor I ever said any of those things so don't put words in our mouths."