2

It was finally dinner time. You and your two friends went downstairs to the dining room. You quickly found your friend group and sat next to them.

"I'm starving." Sasha shoved a piece of bread in her mouth. You chuckled at that sight.

"Cadet Y/n Zoe!" you heard your name being called from behind you.

You quickly turned around in your seat. When you saw who had just called you a big smile appeared on your face.

"Hange!" you quickly stood up and hugged your sister "I missed you."

"Missed you too, Y/n." she replied and let go of you. "I'm so happy to see you in one piece after the battle in Trost." she laughed.

"Come on seat with us." you invited your sister to the table from where you had just stood up.

"Wish I could but I have to meet Eren." Hange said.

"Eren is here? Can we see him?" you asked quickly. After hearing Eren's name Mikasa turned to look at you.

"I have to ask the captain, but maybe tomorrow." your older sister excused herself and left the dining room.

You returned to the table only to find that Sasha had finished your stew. She looked at you with puppy eyes so you wouldn't be mad at her and it worked. You were sick of eating that cold stew anyway.

As you were returning to your rooms at the end of the night you noticed a familiar face at the end of the stairs.

"Hey, isn't that Eren?" you turned to Mikasa. If anyone would recognize him, it was no one other than her.

"Yes." she wrapped her red scarf tighter around her neck.

Eren saw you too. He truned to the short man next to him who only nodded and in seconds Eren was beside you.

"Man, I'm glad to see you guys." was the first thing he said.

"Eren, have they mistreated you in any way?" Mikasa switched to mom mode again.

"No, don't worry about me, Mikasa." he said.

"Nice to see you too, Eren." Connie greeted him.

"Whoa wait, if all of you are here, then does that mean that all of you joined the scouts?" Eren asked in disbelief.

"Well, yeah. Why else would we be here?" you smirked.

"Then I'm guessing Annie and Marco joined the MPs?" he asked and you all went silent.

"Marco is dead." Jean was brave enough to tell him.

"He what? What are you saying? Marco is not dead. You are just kidding around, right?" Eren didn't want to believe in his ears.

"I wish I could tell you he died nobly. Truth is, I don't even know how he went out. He died alone, there was no one to see how it happened." Jean's voice was well filled with grief.

"Marco's dead." Eren mumbled.

"Come on that's enough." the short man called for Eren.

"See you around." Armin said as Eren turned around and ran back to the guy.

He was short some what around your hight perhaps an inch taller, with straight black hair styled in an undercut curtain, as well as narrow, intimidating dull gray eyes with dark circles under them and a deceptively youthful face.

You didn't think much of him. You were way too tired to be bothered. Besides tomorrow was the first day of training as an official scout you had to rest.

You tried your best to fall asleep, but you just couldn't. You decided to go out in the fresh air.

When you opened the heavy door, you noticed someone sitting on the stairs in front of the castle.

"You can't be out of your dorm at this time of the night. Go back to sleep, cadet."the guy turned around to face you.

This was the man you saw with Eren earlier.

"I couldn't fall asleep so I-" you began explaining yourself.

"I couldn't care less. Go back to your room, brat. " he rolled his gray eyes.

"Wow, why are you so mean?" you asked annoyed.

"I'm not going to say it again go back to your room!" he was starting to get angry.

"Okay, okay." you rolled your eyes "old little man." you mumbled while turning around.

The man behind you pretended like he didn't hear what you had just called him, but you knew that he heard you. You closed the door with a loud bang and went back to sleep.

Your training began in earnest the next morning. However, the lesson was rarely combat-orientated. With an emphasis on memorizing Commander Erwin's long-range scouting formation. Despite being such a precisely detailed, meticulously calculated formation, Eren's position was somewhat less than clear.

This expedition was going to be a sort of a test run. To see if you would be able to get Eren all the way to Shiganshina. Tomorrow you were going to set off early in the morning.