14

It has been a week since you last talked to Levi that night on the terrace. Ever since you almost kissed he has been avoiding you and acting like you are nothing more than a scout for him.

You were in the stables preparing your horse for the mission. In this mission you would try to get to Shiganshina and seal the holes in the walls. Eren had been training his hardening powers and he was ready.

You were stroking your horse when you saw Levi coming towards you. You looked at him for less than a second and looked back at your horse.

"Listen, Y/n. I want you close to me throughout the entire mission." was the first thing he said to you.

"Huh, why?" you rolled your eyes.

"You know why." he clenched his jaw.

"I don't." you replied and you were ready to argue but Hange called you because you were leaving.

Armin had given the idea to start moving towards Shiganshina at sunset. Because at night the normal Titans weren't able to move.

You were walking through a forest and it was pitch black. Even with the help of the lanterns you couldn't see more than three meters in front of you.

You were walking next to Jean. You were so tired and anxious so you turned to him. "Are you scared?" you asked.

"Of course not, Y/n." he looked down towards you and chuckled. You only nodded.

"What is it are you scared?" he asked seriously.

"Kinda." you replied. Jean held your hand to comfort you "Thanks." you whispered to him.

"Don't worry I'm here. Think of me as your bodyguard or something." he tried to lift the mood up.

"Right." you laughed causing Levi to turn around and look at you.

His eyes quickly fell on your and Jean's hand which you were still holding. He rolled his eyes and walked up to you.

"This isn't the perfect time for a silly little date, don't you think?" Levi was looking more irritated than ever.

"Date?" you laughed at the thought of going on a date with Jean.

"Jean, I'm gonna steal your girlfriend for a bit." he grabbed you by the wrist and pulled you away from Jean.

"Promise to bring her back, though." Jean was kidding around.

"I won't." Levi frowned even more and walked back to the front of the formation while dragging you behind himself.

You were walking in silence for ten minutes now and Levi was still holding onto your wrist.

"Do you mind?" you looked down at your hands.

"No, not at all." he didn't let go off of you.

"You are confusing me." you whisper to him because you didn't want anyone to hear you.

Everyone already suspected that something was going on between you two and the move that Levi pulled ten minutes ago wasn't helping much.

"We'll talk about this later." he wasn't even looking at you.

You didn't speak again until you got to Shiganshina. It was weird because there was no sign of the enemy. You were expecting to be greeted by Rainer. When you didn't see him instead of relief you felt anxious. He must be hiding somewhere, you thought.

With the help of the great mind of Armin you were able to reveal the hiding place of Rainer. Soon he was in his titan form. At the other side of the wall you saw the Beast Titan with his army of 15 meters high Titans.

"Y/n, you stay with me." Levi told you after he was assigned to protect the horses along with the rookies.

"Sure." you took one last glance at your friends who were going to face the Armoured Titan.

The Beast Titan started attacking you by throwing rocks at you. Levi hugged and pulled you behind a house to protect you.

"You aren't hurt, are you?" he asked anxiously after everything went quiet.

"No." you replied and the Titan thrеw a new batch of stones. Levi pulled you down.

"We have to move." you held his hand and ran to a house just by the wall.

The Titan continued throwing stones till most of the houses were leveled with the ground.

Commander Erwin presented his suicide plan and you were preparing yourself mentally to watch as your comrades die.

"Are you ready?" Levi asked you and you nodded "You will slay the Titans from the right side of the Beast Titan and will go back. Leaving him for me." he reminded you of the plan again.

"Be careful." you couldn't help yourself but hug him tightly "Don't you dare die on me or I'll kill you." you chuckled, your laugh filled with agony.

"Don't worry about me. Just remember, whatever happens you stick to the plan. Kill the Titans and go back to safety without looking back. Understood?"

"Yes, sir."

Erwin gave you the signal and you two went to your positions. When the Best was distracted at the same time you and Levi began killing his army.

You both did your job just in time and you began running back. You couldn't help but look back to see how Levi was doing. You smiled to yourself as you saw that Levi was winning. Not in vain he was humanity's strongest soldier.