23

You woke up early in the morning. You took the suitcase with the money you had collected with James and headed to the hospital.

When you entered his room, James was still asleep. You left the money under the bed. You didn't want to leave without saying something, so you decided to write a letter. In your haste you dropped the notebook in which you started writing and James woke up.

"Oh sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up." you ripped the page off and threw it in the trash.

"What was that?" James asked looking at the thrash can.

"I wrote you a letter, but now that you're awake, I can tell you everything in person."you sat on the bed.

"I'm in all ears." he smiled, but quickly frowned out of pain.

"It seems that this is not the best time for this talk. I'll come back when you're feeling better." you tried to stand up, but James grabbed your hand and you sat back down.

"What is it that you want to talk about." he asked curiously.

"Okay then." you nervously tucked strands of hair behind your ears "Firstly, I'm so sorry James." you held his hand and started rubbing it with your thumb.

"No, no, don't apologize. It's not your fault." he tried comforting you.

"I'm sorry, but you have to leave and never come back." your eyes watered.

"What? Why?" James sat up in bed and leaned against the frame "Can you hear what you're saying?"

"James, please listen to me." you started and he shut up.

"I brought you the money we were collecting together. Take 'em and disappear. Start your life over, I think the money will be enough for you for a while." you took a deep breath.

After a few seconds you continued "If you stay here you might die. I don't know what Levi can do to you, but I know he won't stop until you get out of my life."

"I'm not afraid of Levi." James frowned.

"But you should be." you were trying to protect James.

"I'm not leaving you alone with him. If I'm going to disappear, come with me." he stroke your hair.

"I can't. But you should leave as soon as you can stand on your feet again." you pleaded.

"I won't leave you behind!" he was very stubborn.

"You have to." you cried "You don't understand, he will kill you."

"Not if I kill him first." an evil smirk appeared on his face.

"James, don't be stupid. Just leave! Nothing keeps you here. Go far way where he won't find you and start your life all over again. Find a job, fall in love, have children and be happy." you started crying.

"What if I've already fallen in love?" he looked you deep in the eyes.

"Go talk with her and take her with you." you gave him advice.

"I'm talking to her right now." he smiled at you.

"No." you whispered.

"I love you Y/n. I've loved you since the night you saved us all from the basement." he said.

"No." you pulled your hand away from his.

"For the past five years, I've wondered why we're not in a relationship, but then I realized that Levi is to blame for this. If we leave together, Levi won't be there to bother us. We can start over together. Just you and I."

"James, have you gone crazy?" you stood up "What are you saying?" you were in shock.

"I'm mad about you Y/n. I love you and I'll always love you. Just come with me and leave this shit hole behind. I'll make you truly happy." he begged.

"No, James I can't. I love Levi. During those five years when I was away from him, I realised how much I loved him. I can't come with you. I won't come with you." you were looking at James with disgust.

"You don't love him. He is manipulating you into thinking that you love him." he's eyes watered.

"I do love him and he loves me." you were trying to convince yourself not James that this was true.

"Does he?" he laughed.

"I shouldn't have come here." you headed for the door.

"Take the bloody money and leave. Tonight!" you turned back and looked at him one last time before leaving.

You got out and sat on a bench in front of the hospital. You hugged your legs and hid your head. You started roaring uncontrollably.

"Y/n?" Falco tapped on your shoulder.

"Yes?" you looked at him and quickly began wiping your tears away.

"Levi is waiting for you. He said he had something very important to show you." Falco said and you followed him to where Levi was waiting for you. Levi nodded to Falco and he left.

"There was something important?" you asked.

"Did you cry?" he put his hands on both sides of your face.

"No, no, don't worry." you lied to protect James from Levi's anger.

"If there's something, you can tell me, you know?" he kissed you on the forehead.

"I know." you forced yourself to smile.

Levi opened the door to the passenger seat of the car for you and he drove off. On the way, he tried to find out what was wrong with you, but you stubbornly did not answer.

In half an hour you reached the beach. The captain got out of the car and opened the door for you.

"Why are we here?" you asked curiously.

"I'm building a house for us." Levi pointed out how in the distance there were builders who were erecting a house on the shore.

You were speechless. You turned to face Levi and with a big smile you hugged him tightly.

"This can be our summer house or we can live here all the time, it's up to you." he explained "We can even make the wedding here." he suggested.

"Yes, that would be perfect." you hugged him again.