12

After a quick meeting to discuss everything that had happened so far, you went down to the equipment room to get ready for the operation.

You didn't have much time. You had to save Eren and the only way was to reach the forest before the sun came down.

"What do you think you are doing?" Levi snatched the gas tank out off your hand.

"Getting ready for the operation, sir. We don't have much time we are leaving in five." you tried to take the tank back but Levi hid it behind his back.

"Tch, didn't they tell you? You are not involved in the operation."

"Very funny. Now give it back!" you frowned.

"Come with me for a second." he left the gas tank on top of a box. Then he grabbed your arm right above the elbow.

"What? Why?" he walked too fast and you ran slightly behind him.

He opened the door to the small closet next to the equipment room and shoved you inside, then he walked in too and closed the door.

"I don't have time for this. Eren is in danger! Remember?" you hissed.

"What did you not understand? You are not involved in this operation?" he exclaimed.

"Says who?" you started to get annoyed by his behavior.

"I say so!" he put emphasise on the 'I'.

"And what gives you the right to do that?" you ran your fingers through your hair irritated.

"Don't forget you're on my team and I'm your captain. I'm giving the orders here!" he was getting angry.

"Last time I checked Mikasa was going on the mission. We are from the same squad, you are her captain too." you yelled at his face.

"Last time I checked Mikasa didn't faint when she faced a Titan." Levi snapped back at you without raising his voice.

"Oh, yea dumbshit? If you were facing a Titan with no gear, no weapons, no nothing what would you do? Bite its ankle? Of course if you are even capable of reaching that far." you were so angry that you didn't think about the feelings of the person in front of you.

"Regardless, you are NOT going." Levi found it hard stopping himself from yelling at you, but somehow he managed.

"Why? Give me a good reason because the fact that you're my captain doesn't make sense? Why are you stopping just me? What will you gain by doing this?" you were shouting, not caring if someone would hear you.

"Don't you dare yell at me again, Y/n Zoe." he punched the glass door of a cabinet while looking you in the eye.
The glass shattered with loud sound.

"What will you do if I yell again, huh? You'll hit me like you hit the cabinet?" you yelled fearlessly.

"Never." his eyes widened after he realised he had shown you a side of his he had left behind a long time ago. Or at least he thought he had.

"I don't understand what's up with you." you lowered your voice once you realised that you had went too far.

"Neither do I." he muttered so quietly that you could barely hear him.

"Levi, you are bleeding!" at the sight of his hand, you forgot about everything else. At that moment, it was only him that mattered, no one else.

"Let me see." you tried to hold his hand but he pulled back. You looked up at him and wondered how he could look so unbothered while his hand was covered in blood and probably had pieces of glass stuck in it. He hadn't even noticed that he was wounded before you mentioned it.

"It's nothing." he put his hand behind his back so you couldn't see it.

"Don't act all tough with me."

"Don't worry about me, Y/n. Go and join the mission. If you're lucky enough they may not have left yet. Eren is the one you should be worried about." he grabbed a strand of your hair and started playing with it between the fingers of his healthy hand.

"Screw the mission.  There are more than enough people who can help Eren." you were standing less than an inch apart from the captain.

"Tch, I thought you really wanted to save your friend. What changed your mind?" he put the strand of hair behind your ear and looked you in the eye.

"I thought you didn't want me to go?" you raised an eyebrow.

"I don't." he lowered his gaze to your lips and back up to your eyes.

"Fine, I'm not going. Now let me see your hand." you put your hand out with your palm facing upwards.

With a sigh Levi rested his bloody hand in yours. You gently ran your index finger over the cut.

"Do you reckon there are bits of glass in the wound?" you leaned over his hand and began examining it carefully.

"Levi?" you looked up at him because you didn't get a reply.

He had zoned out staring at you with a smirk on his lips "Hey, captain." you applied a bit of pressure on his hand and he finally acknowledged you.

"What?" he muttered "No, there's no glass." he answered your previous question.

"Okay, then I'll just clean up the blood and wrap a bandage around the wound." you explained as you were searching for a first aid kit.

You found one in a cupboard, blew the dust away then you kneeled to the floor and opened it. You looked in it for something to clean up the blood with but you couldn't find anything.

"Here." Levi handed you a piece of cloth and you took it.

You carefully wiped the blood away then you cleaned the wound with alcohol and lastly you wrapped a bandage around his hand.

"Can we get out of here now?" you asked after putting everything back to its place.

"Sure," he opened the door and made a motion with his hand for you to go out first.