CHAPTER 37

"My Lady he is with his mother, Lady Prim," said Sir Dalton.

"Then," l thought for a second, "Sir, you can take me to the library too, right? Let's go! I need to go there right away!"

"But My Lady, the library is already closed! Let's go back to your room. We'll go to the library tomorrow."

"You are not understanding! I need to go there right now Sir."

"But My Lady the library is closed! What will you even do by going there now? I will take you there tomorrow, the first thing in the morning. So please let's go back to your room My Lady."

I stopped insisting for now. Sir Dalton took me back to my room.

But I can't stop worrying. There's no way I can sleep after reading something like that. This can't be a coincidence! It's like someone is giving me hints.

Brother Cedric told me he wanted me to meet Lady Dawson. But then does that mean brother Henry is having an affair with Lady Emily? I don't even see him at home much nowadays. And most importantly who is Lady Emily? Why can't I remember her?

"Lady Davinia! Are you listening to me?" screamed Sir Dalton.

"Huh! What happened?"

"My Lady, I was talking to you for so long! But why are you so lost? You didn't even eat. My Lady, what is bothering you so much lately?"

"Oh! You were talking to me. Sorry. I didn't realise."

"My Lady," Sir Dalton looked at me warmly. Then he suddenly grabbed the plate from the table and sat beside me,"Just eat some salad before going to bed, My Lady," he said then took spoonful of salad and started feeding me.

After making sure I ate, he stood up, "My Lady, I'll be standing outside your room tonight. Please let me know if you need anything."

"No, it's fine. You can go and rest now Sir. I'm fine."

Suddenly he put his hand on my head and brushed my hair, "My Lady, is there anything that is disturbing you? Can't you tell me what is bothering you?"

How am I supposed to explain Sir everything? Will he believe me if I tell him that I know what the future hold? Won't he tell me that this are all just coincidence? Actually, all this can be a coincidence. Maybe I'm just overthinking. But how can I not overthink when it's my family at the stake?

"My Lady?" he again asked.

"Sir, do you know who is Lady Emily?"

"Lady Emily," he started thinking for a second, "My Lady about whom are you asking? There is one Baroness Emily and another is the Count's daughter, Lady Emily, at the Marquess's state."

My pupils widen at Sir Dalton's statement, "Is that Marquess Dawson's state, Sir." I asked with a confused smile.

"Yes, My Lady. Is there anything you want from that Lady?"

"No. I was just a little curious."

"Oh, His Grace is quite interested in that state! Thanks to their geographical status it is becoming more and more popular among the nobles. His Grace has sent Lord Henry there quite a few times for expanding businesses."

Author's Note: I'm feeling much better than before. Thanks for all the good wishes ❤️.

From now on there will be regular updates again.

Don't forget to vote⭐ if you like this chapter.