CHAPTER 41

"What is the book about?"

"Haha," what should I tell him? "How would I know? I haven't read the book yet. Haha."

"Lady Davinia," he paused for some time, "I really hope we could meet often like today. I really liked the time, when we used to study together in the palace. Did you not enjoy during that time?"

"Of course I did. Why would I not? And we can meet often. You can invite me to the palace next time. I'll definitely come."

He just simply nodded as if he couldn't take my words seriously.

"My Lady, we need to go back," said Sir Dalton.

"Oh, yes." I turned to Prince Liam, "Then I'll be leaving now. Hopefully we'll meet soon. Have a great day ahead."

In The Carriage

"My Lady, I think your sword class has already ended! What will you do if His Grace ask you about it?" worriedly asked Sir Dalton.

"What can I do? I think I'll have to listen to his lecture this time. Now that I think about it, when was I last lectured by brother?"

"My Lady never makes mistake. Only sometimes you behave in such way."

"Okay I'm sorry to 'behave in such way'. Are you happy now, Sir?"

For some strange reason I'm not afraid like before! Maybe someone just randomly wrote all this book. Even the second Prince have one book! Most importantly we have treated Rose in the best way possible even for the little time she was with us, so there shouldn't be any hatred between us also. Then again tomorrow Rose and Mikhail would meet for the first time!

"My Lady, there's something I wanted to tell you," suddenly said Sir Dalton.

"Yes. What's that ,Sir?"

"I was planning on getting married.".................

Back At The Ducal Palace

"Davinia, how could you miss the sword lesson?" screamed brother Neel.

"I'm sorry. I had some urgent matter to attend."

"Is that your excuse? Is this how I raised you? A warrior can never miss their lesson. They need to train themselves from an young age. You need to be persistent!"

"But I never said I'm going to be a warrior. You just made the decision by yourself."

"Okay! You may not become a warrior. But you still need to train yourself, so that you can protect yourself. What if I'm not with you and God forbid something happens, you need to protect yourself."

"Yes. I understand. Something like this won't happen again."

"No! This won't do! I have already spoke with your master. Everything for today's lesson; I'll teach you tonight. And you can't escape!"

"But ton......."

"There's no but! This is final. I have already talked with brother Cedric. You have to meet him later anyway. And come to me straight at 9:30."

***

"Is everything alright, Davinia? I heard you missed your sword lesson today," said Meitry.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure everything is fine even if it isn't. You tell me, what are your plans on your birthday?"

"What plans? It will be the same as ever..........."

"You young ladies seems to be interested in something other than your studies. What is it? I would also like to listen," screamed our teacher.

"We are sorry. We were just discussing about her birthday......"

"It's not time to discuss about that. Focus on your studies."

After all the lesson finished

"Huh, I'm so tired Davinia. I can't continue all this anymore! Does all the other kids also take so many lessons?"

"Don't even say that Meitry. I still have to go to brother Neel for his special 'moving archery' lesson. Which is only exclusive for me and sister Athena."

"You don't know how tiring dance lesson is!"

"Lady Davinia, Lady Katrina has called for you in her study," said a maid.

Author's Note: Sorry for a little late update.

I'm really curious to know which character you guys like the most🌛. Please tell me in the comment section.

In this chapter I have tried to highlight Davinia's relationship with others. At first glance her character may seem very lonely. But actually there are many people around her who love and care about her. In reality she was never alone to begin with. And that's why losing someone scares her the most.

Don't forget to vote⭐ if you like this chapter.