CHAPTER 49

"My Lady, what are you thinking about?" asked Mary.

"No. It's nothing."

"Then please try to sleep. You are not following your routine nowadays."

"I'm sorry about that," I looked at Mary who seemed just as usual, "Mary,"

"Yes My Lady."

"Did I did anything wrong? Why isn't Meitry talking to me?"

"Her Lady was quiet the whole day I heard. I think she will become normal in some time. Now please go to sleep."

I couldn't bring myself to ask her about Sir Dalton. I wanted to tell her to marry him. To stay with him. But for some reason I couldn't say a word about him.

The Next Day

We all had our breakfast together as usual. After having the food brother Henry left for the Marquess's state. He said he will return soon after completing his work this time. I don't know if he is already in touch with Lady Emily (Count's daughter) or not. Nor I can ask him something like this.

We continued for our lesson for the rest of the day. When I suddenly saw Mary just outside my class. As soon as I finished my class she came straight to me.

"My Lady, you have received a letter from the Imperial house," she said.

"Who could sent me a letter?" I saw Meitry, who hadn't spoke to me since the party was also standing curiously.

I opened the letter.

( Dear Lady Davinia

I hope you are doing well. As I had told you before that I would like to invite you at the Imperial Palace sometime; I would be grateful if you could pay a visit today evening. 

I hope you will come.

Prince Liam)

I read it quickly and looked up to realise both Mary and Meitry are eager to know what's written in the letter. "Prince Liam invited me this evening."

"Why?" asked Mary.

"Don't go." said Meitry at the same time.

"I don't know why but I can't refuse his invitation without a proper reason."

"Just say you are sick," said Meitry.

The thing is I do want to go to the Imperial Palace because I need to meet the second Prince again but the problem is I think everyone's reaction would be the same as Meitry!

"Ok I'll tell brother Cedric first. Let's see what he says."

At Grand Duke's Office

"So Prince Liam, the third Prince invited you."

"Yes brother."

"Do you wish to meet him?"

"I would like to pay a visit of course!"

"Okay then go."

"Really? Can I go?"

"I won't be stopping you if you want to go Davinia."

"Thank you brother."

"Then I'll send an escort for you at the evening."

"Oh okay."

At The Evening

"My Lady, do you really have no clue why the Third Prince might have called you?"

"I had met him once in the library recently. There I told him to invite me some time. Maybe that's why."

"But in such short notice?"

"Hey, are you ready?" I heard brother Neel speaking.

"Yes. But why do you ask?"

"What do you mean? Who else will ask? I'm taking you out so of course I will ask."

"What!"

"Why are you shocked? Didn't brother told you?"

"Please stop joking; brother Cedric would never sent me with you at the Imperial Palace."

"Hey?!?! In what basis are you saying that. First Meitry forbade you to go but are still going. And now you are telling me this."

"I'm saying this because I know you don't like the Princes much."

"I'm going there because His Majesty called for me. Now let's go. You talk a lot and don't listen to us at all nowadays; you were far better when you were younger."

"You were also nicer when you were younger. Nowadays everyone just keep getting angry at me."

He quickly grabbed my hands, "Stop complaining now. I can't be late."