CHAPTER 44

"Did you notice what was the Emperor's name? Who was the Emperor?"

"What do you mean?"

"If you really don't know what I mean and everything I'm saying then meet me somewhere in secret."

"That won't be possible, brother Cedric knows where am I going and who is with me. He is informed about everything. And most importantly I'm not interested in anything you are saying." I said and again thought to leave.

"I'll give you this book for now. Let's see if you change your mind or not," he said showing me the book from earlier( in the morning).

"So you are saying everything will happen according to the book?"

"No. Everything happened according to the books!" suddenly we heard a little noise outside. It was sister Katrina's voice.

Then she came inside in a few minutes, " I hope you both had a wonderful conversation. Davinia did you ask everything you wanted to know?"

"Yes." I quickly replied.

"Aren't you curious to know what were we talking about, Crown Princess."

"Davinia would let me know if I should know about anything," replied sister.

"It seems like the young lady has already won over the Crown Princess. Here is your book and I hope we will meet soon and continue our conversation."

"It was an honour and pleasure to be able to hold a conversation with you second Prince Noel. I hope you have a great future ahead."

At Night In The Practice Ground

"Why are you doing, Davinia? Why are you so lost?" shouted brother Neel.

"Sorry brother. I'll do better from now on."

"No! Let's just finish the training here today. I think you need some rest."

"Thank you."

"Davinia," he paused for a moment, "you know tomorrow is an important day. Take some rest and try to stay calm."

"Yes brother. I won't do anything embarrassing again."

"Hey!!! It's not like that. I'm telling you this because I'm just a little worried about you. We have met Prince Mikhail a few times in the past few years but he never had a chance to have any conversation with you. This time he might have."

"Don't worry I won't make a fuss about anything."

"Of course I know you wouldn't. Actually I'm more worried about him. I've heard he has changed a lot. But don't know in which way."

"I think he have a become a better person. Moreover he is still too young. We shouldn't judge him so fast."

"Hmm. Then go now and sleep."

I quickly came back to my room and changed into my night gown. I have to complete reading the book second Prince gave me today. Just what was he talking about? Did the first Prince really died in past and Mikhail became the next Emperor? But how is that possible? What about the second and third Prince? They are the one who will become the next successor.

In the meantime Meitry came to my room.

"Davinia are you sleeping?"

"No come inside, Meitry. What's the matter?"

"I'm just a little worried about tomorrow."

"Why?"

"You know, so many new people will be there tomorrow."

"Don't worry! The first Prince is deeply in love with sister Katrina. Nothing will happen."

"I hope so too. But have you noticed Rose's behaviour?"

"No. Why?"

"Umm, it's just she is a little different than us. She does unpredictable things too."

"It's fine I guess. Nowadays even I am doing questionable things. Don't worry about her."

"Don't say it in such way. I know you are so tensed these days. You never share anything about it. But I know things are hard for you."

"Thanks for being this understanding," I looked at her with a smile. I know she worries about me a lot. Not only her brother Neel, Cedric, Mary, Sir Dalton they are also quite worried about me. "Oh, wait. Let me bring your present. I don't know if you'll like it or not. But I always wanted to give you this."

I quickly ran towards my cupboard and took the gift and hand over it to Meitry.

She opened the box in excitement.

"Davinia! HOW CAN YOU GIVE ME THIS!?!?!?"

Author's Note: Hello everyone! Today's chapter is longer than usual.

More interesting thing will be revealed soon.

And don't forget to vote⭐ if you like the chapter❤️