CHAPTER 38

What was I doing all these time? How could I forgot that brother often visit the 'Heaveline' state, which is Marquess's state?

That means there's a chance of brother having an affair with the Count's daughter!

I couldn't fall asleep after everything happened that night. I read the book while staying awake.

The Next day

"My Lady, are you awake?"

"Yes Mary. Where's Sir Dalton?'

"Why is My Lady all dressed up so early in the morning?"

"Lady Davinia, are you awake?" I heard Sir Dalton.

"Yes. I am," I looked back at Mary, "Mary I need to go to the library urgently. So I'll....."

"But My Lady what about your class? And breakfast? You need to eat first. You only had a little salad last night too. You need to eat."

"I'll eat outside. I'm going with Sir Dalton anyway. You don't have to worry. And I'll try to come back before my lessons start. Then I'll go now."

"But My Lady why are you in such hurry?" I heard Mary asking as I quickly walked out.

I thought Sir Dalton might ask me many questions but, surprisingly he didn't asked anything throughout the journey and soon we reached the library.

At the library

"My Lady I'll come with you."

"No!" I quickly responded. "It's fine. I just need a book. I'll be very quick Sir. Please wait for me." I said as I quickly ran towards the history section.

There's no need for Sir Dalton to follow me. It's better for me to look around alone. I don't even know if I'll find anything or not.

As soon as I reached the history section I started looking for anything suspicious. That book didn't had any label in it which was very odd.

But today all the other books were just regular history books. There was nothing odd out of it.

"Maybe I was just overthinking! But then who put that book there? Why would someone even use the real Grand Duke's and his family name in a fictional book. They can even be severely punished for trying to tarnish the Grand Duke's name," I kept thinking when suddenly I saw a young man reading a book.

He had silver hair and greyish eyes. Although it is the general library of the state. But from his attire he clearly looked aristocrat.

Am I too unsocial? How come I don't know about the other noble family much? He looks a little older than brother Neel. But why is he reading a book standing there?

That's when I looked at the book, it also had rose embroidered in it! I ran towards him and grab the book at once.

How is this possible? I stared at the book.

"Young Lady, what kind of behaviour is this!"

I opened a page at once.

"""
"KATRINA YOU HAVE TO LEAVE!"

"HOW CAN I LEAVE CEDRIC? THEY KILLED......
"""

Suddenly someone closes the book. I looked up. It was the young man from earlier.

"I'm extremely sorry for my behaviour Lord, but I need this book," I said at once.

"Of course you do.......  .... Lady..... Davinia."

"Have you met before?"

"No we haven't," he said with a bright smile.

"Then how do you know me?"

"There's no way I don't know the Grand Duke's beloved younger sister."