CHAPTER 48

"What did Rose said about me?" I asked.

"It's nothing Davinia. It's just a small misunderstanding. You don't need to worry about that," brother Cedric replied hastily while brother Neel looked annoyed.

I turned to Meitry this time, "What had happened?"

"Rose doesn't like you, okay?" she replied furiously. "So stay away from her," she said and left the room at once. Her maid followed her and went too.

"Did I did anything wrong? Why is she so angry at me?"

"You haven't done anything Davinia," brother Cedric looked at me with a warm smile, "I told you there's a misunderstanding. Meitry is just a little angry."

"Let's go Davinia," brother Neel hold my hand and left the room while tagging me along.

After that only the adults had a lunch with both the Prince while the rest of us were grounded in our bedroom and had our lunch there. After that we briefly gave both the Prince a farewell. And continued the rest of the day with our scheduled lessons.

Next Day

Although I tried to ask everyone what exactly had happened between Meitry and Rose but not a single person was willing to tell me. Neither my siblings nor any of the other maid or servant. And Mary was with me when all this happened which leaves only one person who might tell me what had happened.

"SIR DALTON!" I screamed. After my archery training I was looking for him for sometime. But he wasn't anywhere to be found weirdly.
But finally I found him. I ran towards him. "Sir Dalton, my next lesson will start shortly. So tell me what had happened yesterday quickly. I don't have enough time." I asked while panting.

"What My Lady," he said anxiously, "what are you talking about?"

"You know what I am talking about Sir. Tell me what had happened between Meitry and Rose?"

"They had some kind of argument. I can't tell you anything more than that."

"Is that the Grand Duke's command."

"Yes My Lady."

"Okay I wont be asking anything more in that case."

"Thank you My Lady."

"But what had happened with Marry? Did you proposed her? And what was her reaction?"

"My Lady!?!?" Sir looked gloomy at once. In the carriage that day he had told me he was going to propose Mary. But I think he was rejected.

"She said no."

"What was her reason to say no?"

"I wish," he gave a vague smile while looking at the ground then he lifted his chin and looked at the sky dramatically, "I wish she had a reason to say no My Lady. But apparently she had many reasons not to marry me."

"What were they Sir?"

"I can't believe I am talking to a 13 year old about this."

"Sir,... do you not wish to tell me? I won't force you in that case."

"It's not like that My Lady. I just don't want you to worry about me." I stared at him fiercely. "Okay I will say," he took a deep breath, "she thinks she's too old to get married now and I deserve someone better. Then she said she is a commoner and I am an aristocrat. She thinks my family will never be able to accept her," he sighed then continued, "after that she said even if I my family accept her; they will never allow her to work here. And she doesn't wish to leave you yet. She wants to see you becoming a grown Lady. She wants to be with you."

"But. I can be with her even if she marry you. I'll talk to her." I said and started to run.

"My Lady! No My Lady there's no need for you to talk to her. She has already given me her answer. There's nothing more we can do about it."

"But,"

"My Lady, we should respect others feelings and choices."