CHAPTER 50

At The Imperial Palace

A maid came to escort me to the garden and brother left to meet His Majesty.

Soon enough Prince Liam arrived.

"Greetings to the Third Prince!"

"Greetings Lady Davinia from House Holler."

"It's an honour that the Prince himself invited me here," I looked up at him this time. He looked a little worried.

"Please have a seat."

He stayed quiet for quite a time, finally I asked, " Was there anything you wanted to discuss with me, that you invited me so urgently Prince Liam?"

"Huh,.." he seemed to be taken back by my sudden question then he paused for a little more time. "Mikhail told me what happened that day," he again paused, "I'm extremely sorry to hear that. Lady Rose shouldn't had said all those things.

That time Meitry told me, Rose hates me. So it was obvious that she must have said something against me. But I don't know exactly what she said. I calmly replied, "You don't have to be sorry, Prince Liam. Rose is still very young. She didn't knew what she was saying and Meitry also shouldn't had loosen her calm. But now everything is fine. So do......."

"HOW CAN EVERYTHING BE FINE!?!?" he stood up from his seat at once. "How can she talk about both of you and your mother in such way? She should had been punished for questioning both of your lineage. And how could the Grand Duke just let her go after disgracing both of you!!!"

I was shocked hearing Prince Liam. Rose had questioned about mine and Meitry's lineage?! But she isn't the legitimate daughter of father either. So in which basis would she say something? I wasn't calm anymore but still I tried to sound as calm as I could and said, "We will do our best to educate Rose."

"I don't know what is wrong with everyone. Even brother Noel was saying something like this that the Crown Prince can't marry a illegitimate girl. But how is that Lady Katrina's fault? She is an highly qualified young Lady, who can be a better choice than her to become the Crown Princess?"

Yes, Prince Noel said something similar to that to me too that brother Cedric can't become the Grand Duke neither sister can be the Crown Princess. So he is still against us, "What did her Majesty said about it?"

"Of course she tried to explain him that he was wrong. She even said a person needs to create their own identity. Just hailing from a noble family won't take you anywhere."

"I'm grateful to Her Majesty that she is so understanding."

"Please do not worry about anything Lady Davinia. I'm sure everything will happen just as it was planned. And please look after that young Lady. If she keeps taking like this things will become more complicated for each and every member from your family."

"Thank you for worrying about us, Prince Liam."

Back In The Carriage

"So why did Prince Liam called you here today?"

"Why didn't you told me Rose insulted us?"

"Did he called you here to say all this?" he asked angrily.

"Why didn't you told me?"

"What is there to tell Davinia? That girl is crazy. I don't know what her family was teaching her all this year. I have told brother Cedric that he should sent her back."

"What would have happened if you had already told me everything?"

"We just didn't want to hurt you. Meitry herself was quite upset all this time. We didn't wanted you to be upset about something so meaningless too."

"Do I feel very great after knowing all this from someone else?"

"We didn't knew he would call you here to discuss all this!"

I didn't wanted to hear any more excuse. I know they did what they thought to be right but they still should have told me about this.

So I quickly changed the conversation, "Why did His Majesty called you? Is it confidential?"

"Not really," he paused then added, "I know it might sound crazy His Majesty told me and all the other knights of Ruby to start preparing for a war......" he paused then added,"and so did mother told me last night. But how did she knew about this?"