CHAPTER 53

"You take Lady Prim to her room; I am sending a doctor right away and Davinia you come with me."

I kept staring at brother Cedric. The person whom I have trusted the most in my life. A person who was always there for me, my beloved brother, how can I believe he had killed my own mother previously!?!? There is no way that this can be true!

"Davinia," he looked at me warmly, "Neel told me that you already know what had happened during Meitry's birthday event. I'm extremely sorry that I couldn't educate Rose properly. But I will do better from now on, I promise.......... Davinia,....... why are you crying?"

Tears started flowing from my eyes to my cheeks. I couldn't say a word. It felt as if the world was collapsing. My brother, my beloved brother killed my own mother! That very person who was always there standing as a shield infront of me.

"Davinia," he kneeled down and sat infront of me at once. He hold my cheeks carefully, his hands were trembling. "are you upset because what Rose said? Whatever Rose said is completely meaningless. She............ Davinia look everything is fine. It doesn't matter what happened in the past. What matter is what will happen in future. Now both you and Meitry are the Grand Duke's younger sister. There is no one who can look down on you both."

"Brother,"

"Yes," he looked at me with affection.

I couldn't utter another word. According to him the past doesn't matter. But does it really not?

"Davinia let's go back to your room."

Brother stayed with me for a long time. He left only after a knight came for him.

Later Meitry came to my room and we had a long conversation about what had happened that day.

Rose saw the necklace I had given Meitry and asked her, how did she get it. Meitry told her it was my mother's and I had gifted her. Then she asked how possibly a low life like my mother could afford such an expensive necklace and from that, the things started getting worse. And finally when she said both my and Meitry's mother were just lucky to be able to produce a child with father; Meitry couldn't take it anymore and slapped her.

And I too think she did the exact correct thing.

After that day I started spending time with Lady Prim and got to know about many things that happened in the past.

My father Late GrandDuke Usher was always a womaniser but I wasn't his child in the past. My mother who was a performer in the Imperial Palace had fallen in love with Lord Killian. Soon after, they got married and she changed her name to Lady Peony. And it was Lod Killian's second marriage as his first wife had died after giving birth to his second child.

Father did died on the carriage with Rose's mother but a lot of people had assumed it was all Lord Killian and my mother's plan.

After father's death Lord Killian was given the next Grand Duke's title which would be followed by his legal first born son.

And brother Cedric wanted revenge. According to him he was the deserving successor and father's death was a preplanned murder. But even after trying to prove that to His Majesty many times, he failed every time.

At the end when he saw no other way, he decided to help the other nations and participated in the war as an opponent of his own country and became a traitor. Soon after the war started he killed Duke Killian and his whole family and after that both the Crown Prince and third Prince died in the war.

Sister Katrina and brother Henry was brother Cedric's biggest supporter at that time.

While trying to protect His Majesty brother Neel gave his life and after hearing this news within a few days Lady Prim also died out of grief. 

And she possibly couldn't tell me what had happened later.