CHAPTER 39

"There's no way I don't know the Grand Duke's beloved younger sister," he said with vivid smile.

"I'm sorry but who are...."

"Brother! I looked for you everywhere and here you are," I heard a voice from behind. I turned around.

"Prince Liam!" I was shocked. Then does it mean he is the second Prince???

"It seems you both know each other very well!" I heard him(second prince) saying.

"Lady Davinia, did you came to get books too?"

"Book!... Oh.. yes. Books. I needed some books." I quickly got a hold of myself. "But why are you here Prince Liam? I thought there's a library in the Imperial Palace already."

"Yes, yes. There is. But brother William told me to go to the general library and look around. So I came with brother Noel. It seems you both have already met."

"No," I said.

"Yes," second Prince said.

"Yes, I mean... we just briefly met each other," I turned around and looked at the second prince," It is an honour to meet the second prince, Prince Noel. I hope you have an amazing time."

"Of course I will," Prince Noel replied smilingly.

"But Lady Davinia there's a library in the Ducal Palace too. Then what brings you here?" asked Prince Liam.

"Oh! The books in the Ducal Palace are only books written by scholars but in here there are many general books also. That's why we often come to this general library." I quickly replied, "Now if you could excuse me," I said and tried to escape the situation.

Not too far I saw Sir Dalton waiting for me," Sir I have got the book. Let's go."

"Yes My Lady."

We went to the librarian to take the book together.

"My Lady were you worried for this book last night? What is it about?" Sir asked.

"It just sparks my interest. I think I just overreacted last night," I said awkwardly, "sorry for last night."

"Do you want to take this book, my Lady," asked the librarian.

"Ah, yes," I quickly responded.

She (librarian) looked at the book thoroughly and then looked at me, "where did you get this book, my Lady?"

"I don't exactly remember from which section I took it."

"Did you took a similar book to this yesterday too?"

"Yes, is there a problem?"

"My Lady this book isn't from our library neither the book from yesterday was. That Sir from yesterday said maybe you kept your own book with our library books."

"But I clearly remember I took that book yesterday from the history section."

"I don't know my Lady, maybe there was a mistake from us. But this book doesn't belong to our library."

"But how is that pos........"

"Yes! It doesn't. Because it's mine." I heard a voice from behind, I looked around, "Young Lady, how could you just took my book?" It's Prince Noel. "And of course the library can't give you what doesn't belong to them."

I was baffled.

"I'm sorry from My Lady's behalf Prince Noel. But I think there was some misunderstanding," said Sir Dalton.

"Yes brother. There must be some confusion. Lady Davinia wouldn't took your book," said Prince Liam.

"If you all say so then I have no other choice than believe so." He walked towards me and took the book from the librarian ,"then I'll take back my book."

Author's Note: Hope everyone had a good day.

The story has started to unfold itself. The next few chapters will be quite interesting and it will give answers to many of our's questions.

Don't forget to vote⭐ if you like this chapter.