Promises

A few days has past by, it was Arya's birthday today. I got up early to go and wish her happy birthday. I made my way to the room and knocked in the door. "Come in" I hear Arya in the other side. I walk in and see my father laying next to her. "Morning Dad." I say. My dad and I are acting as if nothing happened. It's always been like this. He can't admit when he's wrong so he just acts as if nothing has happened. I know it's toxic, but I've been dealing with this since I was a child, and I didn't have the energy to still argue more with him. "Morning my son." He says. I hate the way he still has the audacity to call me his son after everything he's done.

"Happy birthday Arya." I say as I give her a tight hug and kiss her on her forehead. "Thank you my child." She says smiling. I didn't mind that she calls me her child. I mean I basically am. She's been my mother figure in this house since I was six. She was basically my second mom. She has always told me about how she sees me as her own, or about how me and her are much alike. She sometimes makes jokes like saying that I am actually her child, my mother just carried me for her. Arya has Three daughters. Isabella(25), Madeline(20) and Penelope(13). I love them like my own sisters. We have a very special bond that no-one can break.

"I have a surprise for you." I say to Arya with a smile on my face. "And what would that be?" She asks curiously. "Its coming later on. But for now I'm going to make you some breakfast." I say as I make my way to the kitchen. Arya always made sure that we were sorted for school. So now it's time to return the favour.

I made some flapjacks and topped it with syrup. I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but it's Arya's favourite. I made my way back to the room and gave it to her. "Oh and I already cleaned the house, so you don't have to worry about getting a cleaner." I say. Today was Arya's birthday, I didn't want her to have unnecessary stress. So I took care of all the major things that needed to be done. "You really are a star." She says as she gives me a hug.

I made my way to Jasmine's room to wake her up. "Jas" I shake her lightly. "Jas" I say again waking her up this time. "Come on, you need to wake up, it's Arya's birthday, You can go give her your present." I say. "Really?" She says as her eyes shoot open. "Yeah, but brush your teeth first."I say chuckling at her excitement.  She quickly ran into the bathroom and started brushing her teeth. A couple of minutes later she rushes to her dresser, and takes out a box. Within an instant, she was out if the room.

Jas got Arya a bracelet that says 'best stepmom ever.' Jas looked up to Arya, but Arya never tried to replace Jas' mother. She didn't want Jas to forget about her mom. Arya shed a tear when she saw the gift. She felt truly loved. Kai was the last to wish Arya, he got her a Necklace that has the names of all her children, including us. Arya started crying tears of happiness. She gave Kai a hug and thanked him.

The day went on and my present was alomst here. Arya's kids came over and we had lunch to celebrate her. It as truly amazing. I got a call from the people who were bringing the gift, and proceeded to tell Arya that her gift has arrived. I blindfolded her, and walked her out of the gate. Everyone's eyes widened when they saw the gift.

I took The blindfold and let Arya open her eyes. The Gift was a BMW X5m. I've heard her talk about this car for long now. So I decided to gift it for her. Both my parents were well off, so I started saving a long time ago with the allowances they were giving us. I've been saving for almost ten years. I had over 3million in my account. Just nobody knows about it.

Arya turned to me and I saw the tears flowing. "You're joking." She says in between her cries. "I'm not, it's yours. It been fully paid off and fully insured." Is say as I start smiling. "This is just to say thank you for always being there for me, and being my second mother." I say as I look at her. She doesn't say anything. Instead, she hugs me and starts crying. "Thank you Sky." She says in a happy tone.