Afterthoughts

Hi everyone! If you don't know already, this portion of the book is dedicated to me writing some afterthoughts on this book, and boy do I have a lot to say.

I'd just like to start by prefacing the reason as to why I wrote this book.

This book was a huge labour of love for me, I started writing it based on a oneshot I had written in a previous collection of oneshots I wrote in 2022.

Amao's character as a whole is hugely based on myself, an autistic, out of place, horrifically bullied, heavily depressed, chubby yet very cuddly guy. And it pains me to admit it, but writing this book has made me confront my innermost feelings a lot. But I digress, Amao's character is something that is very dear to my heart. The reason for choosing a character like Tenya to be attracted to? Because I think Tenya is cute as it is, but also because I think Amao deserved a level-headed and adorable (in this case) Vice class Representative. And as for Amao's quirk? I noticed in a lot of the books I've read, there's a heavy focus on Emitter and really powerful quirks. So I wanted to show that there is strength and power in Mutation quirks too! I think it's important to give everyone a second chance.

As for the book as a whole. I think my favourite parts had to be:

The Closet scene at the Shopping Mall, where Tenya and Amao kissed: This was because I really loved to finally express Amao's feelings for Tenya and Tenya's feelings for Amao. The way I wrote it too, I think it's just perfect!

Bakugo and Amao's fight at the Sports festival: This was because I got to listen to a great song "Blood//Water" by Grandson, whilst writing that section, and I think the explosion of Amao's quirk was just so Cunty and awesome.

The Rescue of Bakugo and Amao: This is because I think the way that I wrote about Amao's fight with All Might, and how he was able to bypass All for One was just awesome.

I'm interested to know you guy's opinions on this book! What were your favourite parts? Or your least favourite parts! Let me know! And please, if you want any questions answered, feel free to message me privately!

Going forwards, I was interested in writing a couple of chapters with adults Amao and Tenya, where they graduate and own their own agencies, as well as having a family.

Now after writing this book, it just makes me feel like there's something empty in my life now, like Amao's story is free in a way, it saddens me but I am prosperous for the future.

But yeah! That's all from me right now, so thank you to those who stuck around! And thanks to those who read this book in its entirety!

Jack