10 - Swing

Being back stage for a fashion show is really weird. I meanas a kid I would have killed to do this, even though I wasn't much of a girly-girl. I sat in a chair in front of a bunch of lights as some random girl was doing my make-up and later Masuyo's assistant, Tomo-san, was going to do my hair. This was slightly nerve racking, all these people paying attention to me like I'm some kind of star. Sakura is pretty upset about not getting to wear the dress, but after a while of Sakura's moping and smart comments Masuyo found something for Sakura to wear during the show. Also Sasuke and Naruto were allowed backstage as well, but for the most part Naruto gawked at all the half-naked girls, and Sasuke tried to make it seem as if he was uninterested, but I could feel him giving me looks and I couldn't exactly ask him or shoot him a look while this girl was painting my face. Egh, what is this stuff made of anyways?I've never even used make-up and I think after this it might make me break out.

I wonder what Sakura is going to wear... Normally I wouldn'tcare, but there were so many gorgeous girls here, and with Sakura and I in here it feels as though my confidence level skyrocketed. I wonder what Kakashi sensei is doing right now.

"Close your eyes Mika-san," the make up artist said to me."Egh, don't call me san," I said disgusted.

I don't know what she's doing to my eyelashes, but she already put mascara on them. Sitting still for so long is killing me!

"I can see you trembling Mika-chan," Sasuke's voice shouted over the loud music and people.

I flipped him off and I heard his chuckle. He's having too much fun with this.

~

"Mika-san please sit still," Tomo-san begged me.

"I'm sitting still as much as I can Tomo-san, I just sat through an hour of make-up," I retorted.

This is annoying. Not to mention there is someone doing my nails at the same time.

"But we could be done faster if you'd stop squirming,"Tomo-san said.

"Having your neck bend a certain way for too long makes you a little squirmy if you hadn't noticed."

"Well, Well looks like the commoner can't handle sitting still for a while," a seductive voice said from my right.

I glared in her direction. The girl next to me had a giant mirror and she had four people working on her, Hair, Make-up, nails, and someone was massaging her. A giant irk mark appeared on my head.

"You would think a Leaf Ninja would have more discipline than that," She mused.

Two irk marks. I turned away and ignored her, but not before reading her mirror that said Tsuuki on the top of it. Her and Sakura would be best friends.

"Oh and by the way, is that you're really cute boyfriend who's leaning against the wall? The one who keeps looking at you," She pried.

"No he's not," I replied simply.

"Oh? What good news, because he is very attractive," she teased.

I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"What's wrong Mika-san?" Tomo asked me, "Do you have aheadache?"

"No I'm okay, thank you Tomo-san."

He finished curling the last strand of my bangs and leaned down to my ear. "Don't worry, Tsuuki-chan gets upset when she senses competition. During the show, whoever the crowd likes better will be on the front page of K / Oshi Magazine, and get to do a photo shoot with the popular K-Pop band Super Junior." Tomo-san explained.

"Does that mean more hours of make-up and hair?" I asked.

"Of course, but not as much," Tomo smiled at me.