3 - Say You Like Me

~Pein’s P.O.V~

Mika and I had resulted to another silence between us, why wouldn’t she say anything? Mika please say something! Anything!

“Pein…”

I looked up shocked that she actually broke the silence.

“Y-yes?”

“Could you please leave, I’m tired.”

She never looked up from her hands, and her now longer blue hair was covering her face.

“Sure, Mika,” I said slowly before standing up and leaving the infirmary.

How could I make this up to her? She wanted me to ask her to be my girlfriend, but I couldn’t bring myself to say the words. Of course, I shared my feelings with her before, but hearing it back was so much harder. I sat at my desk sulking, and sighing, how was I going to do something like that? For Kami’s sake I’m the leader of the Akatsuki, I should be able to come up with something. I got up from my chair. I can’t believe I’m doing this. I knocked a few times waiting for the person behind the door to answer.

“Pein?”

“Itachi.”

“What can I do for you?” He asked coldly.

I was shocked that he actually asked.

“Uh… Can I come in?”

He didn’t say anything, but after a few seconds, Itachi opened his door wider allowing me in his room. I walked in never actually being in someone else’s room other than my own. I awkwardly sat in a sofa chair off into the corner and Itachi sat on his bed.

“So what do you need Pein? It’s not like you to make a visit to someone’s room.”

“I uh… I want to ask Mika out, even though I hate to say it, you know her better than I do. I was wondering if you could help me out?”

“It’s about time Pein.”

I looked up from my hands to meet Itachi’s smirking eyes.

“Is that a yes?”

“I’ll only say this once,” Itachi’s smirk turned into stern stare, I returned the look.

“Mika’s my little sister and if you hurt her… any more than you already have, I promise I will end you.”

I nodded completely understanding.

“I promise Itachi, I won’t hurt her any longer.”

“Good,” A ghost of a smirk creeping on his face.