2 - Mad at Myself

We got to the base and just in time, my eyesight was starting to become blurry and it was getting harder to breathe. I collapsed onto the floor as soon as we entered; I clutched my side in pain, grunting slightly.

“Look kid I know you’re in pain, but you need to hold on a little bit longer,” Kakuzu said softly. That’s the first time I’ve heard him speak so softly to me. I nodded with my eyes, the pain being too much and caused me to not want to move. I heard footsteps approach us, but they sounded like dull thuds. It was getting harder to keep my consciousness.

“What happened?”

Tachi-onii-san…

“T-Ta-ch-“

“Save it Mika we need to get you to the infirmary,” Kakuzu said.

Itachi picked me up and started running to the infirmary and on the way there, Kakuzu ran into Konan’s room to get her. I was starting to feel light headed and everything around me seemed to spin.

I was placed in a bed and medical equipment was starting be set up around me, ugh I hated being in the infirmary, last time I was in here for nearly three weeks. I shut my eyes tightly and that might have been a mistake because as soon as I did everything went quiet.

~Itachi’s P.O.V.~

Kakuzu and I helped Konan set up some medical equipment quickly. Mika was a little careless sometimes when it came to missions; which was odd, yet understandable. I watched as Konan started to strip Mika’s cloak and shirt. She looked at the wound and usually Konan had a calm face, but now it twisted in confusion. I looked over her shoulder and the wound was covered in a dark red dust the was pulsating and spreading throughout Mika’s torso. You could see it under her skin.

“What is this?” She asked to no one in particular.

“I’m not sure, but Mika found these documents that have information on the substance.”

Kakuzu handed Konan the papers from Mika’s bag. She quickly read them over and nodded.

“Someone needs to tell Pein while I start working on Mika,” Konan said as she put on some gloves and grabbed a needle and a jar of some clear liquid, which was probably going to numb her of the pain, although she had passed out a few minutes ago her body was still shaking and twitching in pain.

“I’ll do it,” I volunteered.

“Thank you Itachi.”

I walked out of the infirmary and to Pein’s office. I knocked as usual and he called me in.

“What can I do for you Itachi?”

“Mika and Kakuzu are back from their mission and Mika is injured with some sort of red powder making its way through her body, she’s in the infirmary.”

Pein sighed and stood up slowly from his chair, and walked out of the office. I don’t understand how Pein feels about Mika, I only know what Mika told me those late nights she spent in my room, curled up in my blankets. She has no one else that will talk to her. Pein never opened up to her, not even the night she told him, she loved him. I ran my hand through my hair and walked out of the office and back to the infirmary. A loud scream filled the air and I started running to the room where I knew my little sister was. My little sister… It was funny, I’ve known this girl since she was a child and when she was 16 she came to the Akatsuki base and became closer to me than anyone ever. Now she spent almost every night in my room telling me things no one else would listen to. Even I’ve opened up to her about many things. I pulled the door open and saw Konan leaning over Mika and Pein trying to hold her down. I walked in further and stood next to Konan.